djchapsticks

The shinier, improved St. Mirren FC 2017/18 Thread

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I suspect he'll do the usual route for players when they leave us:

Clyde, Glasgow Junior club, Clydebank, Provincial Junior club, retirement.

I wouldn't even mind if he'd just pass sideways, but most of the time he just passes out of play, or gets tackled whilst he tries in vain to somehow wangle the ball onto his right foot.

I must admit that I was surprised that wee Stevie signed Hutton. By anyone's reckoning his next step was more likely to have been down a few levels to league 2 or the juniors. 

Aitken does have a very good reputation for bringing in players who perhaps haven't done it elsewhere, but he's given them a platform at the sons to show that they can still do it. 

In Huttons case he's probably only playing due to injuries or loss of form from better players, as he is shall we say of very limited ability.

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I must admit that I was surprised that wee Stevie signed Hutton. By anyone's reckoning his next step was more likely to have been down a few levels to league 2 or the juniors. 

Aitken does have a very good reputation for bringing in players who perhaps haven't done it elsewhere, but he's given them a platform at the sons to show that they can still do it. 

In Huttons case he's probably only playing due to injuries or loss of form from better players, as he is shall we say of very limited ability.

Hutton had another offer from a full time club in this league, if he wasn't signing for us to play most weeks due to Grant Gallagher being out long term he would be sitting on Dunfermlines bench. Astounding really. 

You've got to wonder what the Queens fans saw that absolutely nobody else has.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You've got to wonder what the Queens fans saw that absolutely nobody else besides Alex Rae has.

Ftfy.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Hutton had another offer from a full time club in this league, if he wasn't signing for us to play most weeks due to Grant Gallagher being out long term he would be sitting on Dunfermlines bench. Astounding really. 

You've got to wonder what the Queens fans saw that absolutely nobody else has.

I'm absolutely astounded that the Pars would consider signing him when you think of just how dreadful he was last season. 

I think opinions were firmly divided amongst the Queens support about Hutton, but overall he's a very poor player considering his background and experience of playing at an old firm club. Albeit mostly in the lower divisions. Did he not start in a European game for the dead club on one ocassion.

The mind boggles.

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Anyone confirm we have signed Robbo Leitch released by Burnley. 

Well, he himself tweeted that he had signed. I know literally nothing about him, beyond what Google has just told me.

19, left Well to go to Burnley last summer. Must have something if they felt he was worth signing. In McAllister and Mallan, we've just sent two great players who have yet to feature at a lower level than Burnley play at, so fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Well, he himself tweeted that he had signed. I know literally nothing about him, beyond what Google has just told me.

19, left Well to go to Burnley last summer. Must have something if they felt he was worth signing. In McAllister and Mallan, we've just sent two great players who have yet to feature at a lower level than Burnley play at, so fingers crossed.

Where does he play - and I don't want any answers along the lines of 'Paisley'!

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Where does he play - and I don't want any answers along the lines of 'Paisley'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaEawcOXkW8

Leitch could be a down payment loan deal as a sweetner for the imminent departure in January or summer of Mr Morgan to dingle country.

9 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Leitch could be a down payment loan deal as a sweetner for the imminent departure in January or summer of Mr Morgan to dingle country.

There are elements of his play in that video that show he could play a similar role.

Nothing against Leitch, but Morgan is pretty special, and I don't think we can expect to replace him.

I hope for Leitch's sake people don't see him as that.

3 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

How can that be when it says Burnley let him go not put out on loan. Are you a sports journalist by any chance :P

7 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

How can that be when it says Burnley let him go not put out on loan. Are you a sports journalist by any chance :P

Let go to us as a down payment just a wicked theory.

30 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Let go to us as a down payment just a wicked theory.

He was on trial mate played in the under 21's so must have impressed.  Write his name on youtube , good footage. 

46 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

He was on trial mate played in the under 21's so must have impressed.  Write his name on youtube , good footage. 

I have saw already and yes looks like a player.

Probably for the under-20s squad but because he's tweeted he's signed folk assume it's for the first team squad then wonder a few months later why he hasn't featured for the first team.

Have we ever signed an ex Motherwell player who has come and done really well at us?
They always seem to sign former Saints players who do a job for them but when we sign players from them they are generally done.