The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely staggered St Mirren fans genuinely believe there's any chance of signing Steven Mallan

There is not a chance of him coming to us or any other Championship club. If he gets punted out on loan he'll go to someone in the Premiership, such as yourselves, or someone in League One or Two down south. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Shrewsbury as our former chief exec works there.

There's three months to the transfer window opening so speculating just now about him going on loan is a bit ridiculous. He could break into the Barnsley team by then or their manager - who apparently has decided Mallan is a winger! - could get the bullet and the new guy could give him his chance.

10 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I can't but help notice that we would appear to be back at the top of the league table.  

Nice..!

It's odd: there was no shortage of Ton fans helpfully pointing out our league position last year. Yet this season they seem to have withdrawn their service. 

How are we expected to keep track of our league position without their help? I hope the fact we are top of the league hasn't escaped their notice.

On 01/10/2017 at 11:51, Coventry Saint said:

It's odd: there was no shortage of Ton fans helpfully pointing out our league position last year. Yet this season they seem to have withdrawn their service. 

How are we expected to keep track of our league position without their help? I hope the fact we are top of the league hasn't escaped their notice.

Just checked again.  

Still top.  

24 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Just checked again.  

Still top.  

Phew. Good.

I checked the Morton thread earlier to check they were all ok and it's a fucking car crash in there. No wonder they were so happy when we were shite: it clearly gave some meaning/direction to their lives.

Still, though, good to hear we're still top. Keep the updates coming.

Hope not. I'd be sad to see him go but I doubt we could hold him back if Killie chose him for the job, however it'll cost them.

St Mirren Football Club are delighted to announce that manager Jack Ross and assistant manager James Fowler have signed new contract extensions that tie them to the club until June 2020

Edited by btb

6 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Lolwut

Just moving here to avoid the line of inbreds in the Morton thread.

Ah, apologies.

Usually when Morton fans come to Saints threads for a visit it's because something bad is happening for us.

I guess it's those types you're looking to avoid, and if so, yeah, this is probably a safe refuge from them!