The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Like any saints fan, I’m gutted that Jack Ross is leaving. The job he’s done at saints over the past 18 months has been brilliant.

End of the day he needs to look after himself & family he’s going to get 5 times his wages!& Sunderland are a bigger club.

Unfortunately I’ve heard he’ll be coming in for Magennis but hopefully we can get a respectable transfer fee for him.

Jack seems like an ambitious manager & I personally think he’s picked a good time to move to Sunderland. I wish him all the best.

He's not been unveiled yet as Sunderland manager , how does anyone know who he will be after , Kyle has another 2 years on his contract and i don't think GS will be giving Sunderland much encouragement after this carry on with Ross ,Bud.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No noise was made about it at the time, we got the compensation due and he'd have been off regardless of when contact was made.

It's a bit much calling it Karma given that when Ian Murray was appointed, it was a completely different board. 

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No noise was made about it at the time, we got the compensation due and he'd have been off regardless of when contact was made.

I think it's naïve to assume there's no contact to see if a deal is likely before official contact is made.

Still time to put in a sneaky eleventh hour bid for David "Hoppy" Hopkin! 

David-Hopkin.jpgWhere's the beef?

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a bit much calling it Karma given that when Ian Murray was appointed, it was a completely different board. 

The karma thing was just a wee joke with Div, I don't actually believe this is karma coming back to haunt St Mirren. 

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That photo with the angry St Mirren fans must be doctored surely? They've always adored flavour of the month Our Lord & Saviour John James Ross

Ok, I'll bite: You're trying to create a narrative that literally nobody has ever claimed existed. Everyone knows we had a sticky few months when he first took over. Everyone knows he was under pressure. Everyone knows that game against Queens had seen them be proactive in the transfer market - bringing in the likes of Rankin - while we appeared to be moving quite slowly.

If you'd been paying attention, all of these things are what made last season (16-17) quite so remarkable.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I think compensation was definitely due for the Ian Murray switch, but not from fucking St Mirren :thumbsdown

MASSIVE opportunity for JR, getting a huge club at exactly the right time.

He dodged a bullet, in Ipswich, & looks to have landed a club that he COULD take to the Premier League, within 2/3 years, should he nail it.

If he can get them rolling, with promotion the season coming, it would give him a season down South to assess players in the divisions around him & form a team capable of challenging for a place in the top division.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

#karma

067_325__jackross_ianmurray_1390578078_standard.jpg

If karma is a place in the Premiership and £1m in transfer fees all inside 18 months, then I'm loving that karma. A lot.

6 minutes ago, Div said:

If karma is a place in the Premiership and £1m in transfer fees all inside 18 months, then I'm loving that karma. A lot.

It's all fun and games until Craig Samson is shipping goals to Hamilton int front of 200 folk