The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

That was on Twitter yesterday afternoon saying it was Derby as they were contemplating sacking Rowett due to missing out in the play offs , Sunderland are the new name mentioned , but who would touch that ?

Think Sunderland may have a new owner soon. I' sure Ross will take the Ipswich job. Div wrote it would be confirmed weekend  / Monday. Jack is very particular so will be going over the contract in great detail. 

8 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Need a statement from the club sharpish.Ipswich Town will they/wont they take him,Derby/Sunderland waiting in the wings.This will inevitably be having an effect on player recruitment,but more importantly do we want Jack Ross attempting to sign players for the new season who the next gaffer may not fancy ?

That' s the way I see it also on a positive note contracts are not up till the end of june , on a negative note pre-installed contracts can be signed.  Let' just say for one moment Hurst gets the job have we really got to go through all this again :1eye

One thing I would say is that between the season starting and the winter transfer window opening the board should simply state Ross is going nowhere. Ross would need to agree to it, but you feel that if it's not sorted by the time the season starts then he's clearly not that important to the chasing clubs.

I think this leans towards a transfer window for managers, something I wouldn't entirely be against.

5 hours ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

That was on Twitter yesterday afternoon saying it was Derby as they were contemplating sacking Rowett due to missing out in the play offs , Sunderland are the new name mentioned , but who would touch that ?

There's only one man that would dream of it.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2660643/rangers-alex-rae-bookies-favourite-chris-coleman-sunderland-manager/

4 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

At this stage, a week after interview, I think it's fair to say that if ITFC were convinced that JR was the man then he'd have been appointed by now. Seems like they're waiting for the guy from Shrewsbury.....

All If s and buts Ross only had the second interview yesterday.  

17 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

All If s and buts Ross only had the second interview yesterday.  

A second interview absolutely suggests that they need convincing that Jack is the man.

Do we expect that Hurst will be interviewed twice? Hmm doubt it. I think they might be stalling, waiting on this guy concluding his season with Shrewsbury.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

That Twitter account was only created yesterday and the Ross thing was the first or second tweet. Total bullshit.

Hoping the longer it drags on the more chance there is of them not taking Ross or him telling them to shove it but probably wishful thinking.

15 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

A second interview absolutely suggests that they need convincing that Jack is the man.

Do we expect that Hurst will be interviewed twice? Hmm doubt it. I think they might be stalling, waiting on this guy concluding his season with Shrewsbury.

First interview was in London second interview was at the stadium to show Ross facilities also. 

No chance he takes the Sunderland job surely, an absolute mess of a club with players earning over £40k a week on long contracts.