The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Hopkin would be a good appointment, although I don't think it would happen.

People might point to Livingston's style as a turn off, but I reckon most mangers work with the tools they are given. What's he's done with Livingston is remarkable.

9 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Ideal! A young,enthusiastic manager learning from a wise old head.

:lol:

I was thinking about the old head/young head combo last night. Tommy Craig was rightly tainted for what happened, but you can't ignore the fact that he and Lennon were working really rather well together before that. 

I wonder if Goodwin would work with a more experienced assistant. 

4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Dundee United and ST Mirren chasing Clark signature.  Local Dundee paper. 

Would the local Dundee paper be the telegraph and would the reporting journalist be Duthie?

If both of those cases are true, then the information contained within the article is most definitely bullshit.

(edit)

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Ross pondering over contract for Ipswich with rumours spreading another club wants him. 

If this is also from the same publication then I refer people to my previous comment.

Edited by Buddist Monk

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Would the local Dundee paper be the telegraph and would the reporting journalist be Duthie?

If both of those cases are true, then the information contained within the article is most definitely bullshit.

(edit)

If this is also from the same publication then I refer people to my previous comment.

Nope to the first one it came from the Courier. 

30 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Want  this to blow over quickly  and hope Ross goes too much uncertainty is not good baggage.  Ross said he would take us back where we belong true to his word great job done. We need stability moving forward.  

In total agreement we need it resolved sooner rather than later would rather he stays but i'm sure it'll be one club after another right now.  We're getting ready for next season we are sitting here no idea if we'll have a manger by the time season tickets go on sale.  The man has done what he said he would do but i'd like him the board someone come out and say what's happening.  As no doubt all his targets if approached will be taking a step back until they know.

Edited by paisleysaints

54 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

It was me that wrote it on BAWA it came from a Saints employee if you want to know the under 21 coach. That ok for you. 

That was on Twitter yesterday afternoon saying it was Derby as they were contemplating sacking Rowett due to missing out in the play offs , Sunderland are the new name mentioned , but who would touch that ?