The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I just hope for once Mcg is wrong. Unfortunately he's usually correct.

Yeah, we've got McG, Div and Pod all saying the same thing, which points to him being away. The only strange thing is the delay. 

On the plus side: GLS is a shrewd operator, and his relationship with JR is great, so he'll be cracking on with finding a replacement. I feel like previous regimes might have been waiting to find out what happened and then panicking when he finally left.

Yeah, we've got McG, Div and Pod all saying the same thing, which points to him being away. The only strange thing is the delay. 
On the plus side: GLS is a shrewd operator, and his relationship with JR is great, so he'll be cracking on with finding a replacement. I feel like previous regimes might have been waiting to find out what happened and then panicking when he finally left.

Aye everyone's initial reaction was f**k Ipswich are a decent sized club, lets hope he doesn't make the shortlist.

Now the fact he is down for a 2nd meeting and the signals from guys like Div and McG mean it's done.

The more i think about it the more we should give it to Goody, f**k it.

20 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The more i think about it the more we should give it to Goody, f**k it.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Neilson, McIntyre or Goodwin, in all honesty, I just think it's too soon for Jim.

When he takes over I want him to be fucking amazing, and I just don't think this is the time for that. But maybe I'm wrong, and if he gets the job, f**k it, it'll be a ride.

(The one shame, of course, would be that Derek Adams no longer has a gig in the top flight...)

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So full of 'sheep' you've made an alias (Undertaker) just to get out the Sin Bin to talk to us you complete oddball. :lol: 

Your post makes no sense, drama queen. 

13 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Very true,but i think it would be superb to appoint a manager who has instant goodwill and respect from 100% of the fans.We would be going from having a god in charge to having a god in charge,from a selfish non managerial ability perspective,i think it would be absolutely epic.If he turns out to be shit,well we can deal with that later

I hate the idea of another club legend coming in and being blamed for utter tripe on the pitch. Look at Fitzy in his two spells.

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure that I remember JJ posting that it won't be Goodwin.

He's as good as confirmed that it will be Neilson.

It won't be Goodwin but things can change quickly in football so don't put the mortgage on Neilsen mate :lol:

48 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

We need a manager with 2 first names again, no one else will do.

Traditional first names, none of this Jackson or the likes pish.

Tommy Craig? Ian Murray?

Edited by Coventry Saint