The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Those telling him to make his decision right now need to get real. He will consider whatever jobs he is interested in that come his way, as any intelligent guy would, and he has every right to do so. He's been courted by Dundee and Barnsley and not been tempted, so there's no hard and fast guarantee that he will leave this summer.

I accept that the likelihood is that he will probably be off, but I personally will not be as gutted as I would have been either last summer or when Barnsley came in for him because he has left us something tangible - a place in the Premiership. It's ours to hold onto, and with a forward thinking board and chairman, I think we can go from strength to strength, albeit I would prefer that to be with Jack in charge.

We're on our way to fan ownership, have a fanbase which has rediscovered it's love for the club in many, many cases, and the future can be as bright as we make it.

We should revel in the optimism while we can...

26 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Yeah i'm in agreement with you are we just going allow him to go speak to everyone who asks.  understand he'll have ambitions above St Mirren and Ipswich will be a good attraction if he gets offered the job.  But will we be in limbo all summer long if this one doesnt happen

Will we? I fully expect him to continue working towards the new season regardless.

Will we? I fully expect him to continue working towards the new season regardless.
I fully expect him to be planning regardless also. But if he doesn't get or accept this job. How long will it be before he's away speaking to someone else. I'm not getting at him in anyway at all we all have ambitions. He's earned the right to go speak to who he pleases. But from a club is it going to be will he won't he for x amount of weeks

If jack is offered the job then going by that interview I'd say he was off. He couldn't keep the smile off his face when talking about and seemed excited by it all. Fair play to him he more than deserves the move anyway, just a gutter we maybe wont be getting at least one crack at the premiership with him. 

Jack Ross is entitled to speak to anyone he likes. First and foremost he needs to look after himself and his family and teams like Ipswich will offer a massive hike in his salary. As he showed with Barnsley if he doesn't feel the offer is right he won't go. So I'm not resigned to him leaving just yet.

Davis going is a sore one, both Baird and Mackenzie play better when along side him, the improvement in or defence was down to him coming back from injury. Good luck to him, hope he gets a good club down there.

My feeling is that Ross is taking the Ipswich job if he’s offered it.

For everyone involved with St Mirren then let’s hope it’s all done and dusted pretty damn quickly. We need a new man in place to start the rebuilding process for next season. Robbie Neilson would be my choice.

15 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Reilly going back to QoS, the club he loves?

No chance of that happening .

He might love Queens but sadly he has to take the best offer we could not get anywhere near what St Mirren have offered him .

There has been a minority of Saints fans on twitter asking how often is this going to happen and should it be allowed.

We are assuming there is a clause in the contract which allows him to talk to other clubs, or an agreement in place with the board which the club needs to stick with to earn and build trust with future managers and players, we can't be seen breaking promises.

It's going to happen, he is a well sought after manager, he is ambitious and he will eventually leave. If Ipswich offer him the job he is taking it, it's a no brainer.

It isn't ideal for us but if he does go Neilson is a like for like replacement.

Never a dull moment ect.