The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, Smeato said:
People still go on B&W Army?

Bizzare. Used to be ok until shull ruined it with his pish.

He's not the only culprit, but he's in the top three, certainly. I Keep dipping back occasionally, but even now, in the aftermath of a title win, people are bitching and moaning. I can't be doing with it.

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Kenny Miller.

A friend and I were musing over possible acquisitions a week back for the upcoming season and when you think of it he'd be an ideal acquisition for a club like ours in the position we are in. Whether he would want to come, let alone whether we could afford him, is obviously up in the air but I thought I'd post as he's clearly hit the headlines in the last day.

I realise this might look like I am putting 2 and 2 together, but he's a player who knows his way to goal and is not afraid to put in 100%. Ok his pace isn't as good as it was and he'll pick up injuries now than when he was younger, but all in all I reckon we should at least check to see what his plans are. From my point of view I just want a nippy (both metaphorical and literal) striker that is experienced at this level and can score double figures. Miller would offer us that.

Don't get me wrong, even if he was tempted I feel other teams would be more than happy to offer a better deal, no harm in discussing it though.

After reading the first two lines of any Buddist Monk post

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's not the only culprit, but he's in the top three, certainly. I Keep dipping back occasionally, but even now, in the aftermath of a title win, people are bitching and moaning. I can't be doing with it.

It's a shame the way it went on B&W army as it should be brilliant on there just now, but it's all been hijacked by a few raging weirdos and attention seekers who seem genuinely upset that we've won the league and the handful of people who can still be bothered to engage with them. You look at the front page now and it's mostly dead threads that nobody has responded to in ages. It's a shame as it should be the busiest it's been in ages, but most saints fans just can't be arsed anymore.

It's a shame the way it went on B&W army as it should be brilliant on there just now, but it's all been hijacked by a few raging weirdos and attention seekers who seem genuinely upset that we've won the league and the handful of people who can still be bothered to engage with them. You look at the front page now and it's mostly dead threads that nobody has responded to in ages. It's a shame as it should be the busiest it's been in ages, but most saints fans just can't be arsed anymore.
I used to love the official forum years ago until I got a slap on the wrist for the H word. It's a wasteland now which is a bit of a shame. Having said that I've had 2 strikes for the same thing on here but never felt like chucking it. Hi keithgy....

Well done Saints on winning the Championship.   Seems it is very well deserved.

I am looking forward to the games between us next season again as you are local to me and many of my friends re St Mirren fans.  I watched St Mirren quite a lot in the late 70s and early 80s so have a soft spot for them, except when you play us.

7 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
8 hours ago, GAD said:

I used to love the official forum years ago until I got a slap on the wrist for the H word. It's a wasteland now which is a bit of a shame. Having said that I've had 2 strikes for the same thing on here but never felt like chucking it. Hi keithgy....

Yup B&W army seems to have become a point scoring forum. Very little evidence  of celebration on there.

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

Yup B&W army seems to have become a point scoring forum. Very little evidence  of celebration on there.

Some folk are so obsessed about a 3G pitch they seem unaware we've won the league.

On 17/04/2018 at 18:30, jimmy boo said:
On 17/04/2018 at 18:21, GAD said:

That’ll teach you. Never mention Hammarby again. :P

55 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not the pitch Stu, the way it is being funded, but you know that. :)

Don't care if it's the pitch, the funding or whatever, fact is there are some posters (including one who has crawled out from under his rock) who are far more bothered about that than winning the Championship. Mind you, they seem to have taken an interest in the football side of things again after last night's crucial defeat has provided them with the chance to spread more of their doom mongering pish.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Don't care if it's the pitch, the funding or whatever, fact is there are some posters (including one who has crawled out from under his rock) who are far more bothered about that than winning the Championship. Mind you, they seem to have taken an interest in the football side of things again after last night's crucial defeat has provided them with the chance to spread more of their doom mongering pish.

Bravo.:thumsup2