The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

19 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Jack Ross leading the singing tonight.

We are some fucking club.

Hope that video doesn't get him in trouble with Mrs Ross. He was due to be babysitting while she took one of the kids to see Harry Styles and his excuse of "Sorry dear, me and the lads are staying in Paisley to prepare for the Falkirk game" would be a little shaky if she saw that clip.

On 15/04/2018 at 07:43, Hawk said:

Congratulations to St Mirren, best and most consistent team in the league this season.

Would also just like to congratulate you guys on winning the league this season. 

JR has done a great job and I hope he sticks with yous for next term.  

I wish the Buddies all the best in the Premiership! :thumsup2

Kenny Miller.

A friend and I were musing over possible acquisitions a week back for the upcoming season and when you think of it he'd be an ideal acquisition for a club like ours in the position we are in. Whether he would want to come, let alone whether we could afford him, is obviously up in the air but I thought I'd post as he's clearly hit the headlines in the last day.

I realise this might look like I am putting 2 and 2 together, but he's a player who knows his way to goal and is not afraid to put in 100%. Ok his pace isn't as good as it was and he'll pick up injuries now than when he was younger, but all in all I reckon we should at least check to see what his plans are. From my point of view I just want a nippy (both metaphorical and literal) striker that is experienced at this level and can score double figures. Miller would offer us that.

Don't get me wrong, even if he was tempted I feel other teams would be more than happy to offer a better deal, no harm in discussing it though.

38 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

No thanks.

A proven striker? I think you dismiss that out of hand too easily.

30 minutes ago, McG said:

Exactly, the last thing we need Is a billy big baws like him causing disruption in the dressing room, bad egg.

No thanks.

Is there any proof he is that? Considering the mess that Murty made of that recent OF game, I wouldn't blame him for raising his concerns.

I understand the negativity, and I'm not just mentioning him because he's about to be available I had this discussion about a week back with someone. It's clear he's not getting a new contract and I think he could do a job for us.

I was thinking about how long it would take for someone to mention Miller as a possible signing :whistle he’s more likely to get a coaching role somewhere in my opinion. He could certainly still do a job at that level for someone maybe go back to Hibs if he wants to continue playing.

Bad influence in the dressing room.  Confronted his last two managers in front of the team thereby undermining the manager. Would not suit Jack's profile of a fast pressing game with fit young strikers. He is 38 years old - slightly younger than Thommo who did not have the legs years ago. A big NO.

17 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Over in BAWA we have a thread about one of our players  being criticised. Here we are being sucked into the **** mess. This when we have just been crowned champions seriously you could not make it up. 

That  guy who started the thread is  an utter clown:wub:

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Over in BAWA we have a thread about one of our players  being criticised. Here we are being sucked into the **** mess. This when we have just been crowned champions seriously you could not make it up. 

The thread you are referring to on Black & White army,  has been hijacked by Shull trying hard to be a WUM but failing miserably.

Edit to add, I apologise if you were referring to the thread Shull started about Danny Mullen ? Originally I thought you were referring to Shull’s comment about Samson. I’ve just seen the thread he started about Danny Mullen. 

Shull is a bellend.

Edited by glenburn bud