The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Not sure if there is anything in this other than him being offered training facilities. Might be "2+2=5" lazy journalism... but...

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Seems a strange signing if true.

Is it though? Our one weakness is that teams can on occasion bully us, of our "defensive" midfield players; McGinn, McShane (Hill should be mentioned, but he's not had a run in the team), neither of them have the "bite" that Donati showed in the top league.

Unsure of his injury status, nor his disciplinary record - and it would be the latter I'd be more concerned over - but as a late sub to shore things up? I don't reckon that would be that bad an idea.

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Not sure if there is anything in this other than him being offered training facilities. Might be "2+2=5" lazy journalism... but...

Is it though? Our one weakness is that teams can on occasion bully us, of our "defensive" midfield players; McGinn, McShane (Hill should be mentioned, but he's not had a run in the team), neither of them have the "bite" that Donati showed in the top league.

Unsure of his injury status, nor his disciplinary record - and it would be the latter I'd be more concerned over - but as a late sub to shore things up? I don't reckon that would be that bad an idea.

True enough, doesn't bode well for Mark Hill then if that is the reason we've signed him. If indeed we have actually signed him.

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

True enough, doesn't bode well for Mark Hill then if that is the reason we've signed him. If indeed we have actually signed him.

I'd liked to have seen some of him, but I presume Ross sees him daily in training and knows where or if he should play. I guess we've signed him.. *shrug* ..I mean, it would be pretty bloody odd to announce we had if we hadn't.

41 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Have we signed donati!?

Its in the Sun, so take with a pinch of salt...but I had heard that he was training with us for the last week or so. Might add a bit of extra midfield resilience.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2256284/celtic-hamilton-massimo-donati-st-mirren/

33 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Seems a strange signing if true, I thought he'd retired due to an injury?

Left by mutual consent when Hamilton realised that they'de been scammed and couldn't afford to keep paying some of their bigger earners.

10 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Donati almost single handedly tore us a brand new one for Accies in the league cup tie at the start of the season. Good signing that will provide good experienced cover for the title run in.

Was that not LAST season?