The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

31 minutes ago, Aufc said:

People talking like there will be bigger clubs interested in him. Derek mcinnes has been doing a fine job at a much bigger club and the only interest he has had is from sunderland who are an absolute basket case.

You have a good manager is Jack Ross better ? Only time will tell from our perspective he has turned down Burton Albion, Dundee , Barnsley. Its' not often the loyalty card is played over the cheque book as you know also. Sure Ross will move on not until the job is done to put our club back in the premiership . I have never heard players speak so highly of a manager quote McGinn - You always have one or two players moan about a manager not here all the players love him. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Looks like Ross wasn't offered the job. Barnsley have appointed that Portugese and are claiming he was the number 1 candidate from the start.

Not that it matters in the slightest but this notion that Ross kb'd them seems wide of the mark.

18 month contract seems hardly a ringing endorsement. Wonder if that put other coaches/managers off?

Happy they have gone elsewhere for their manager, regardless of how they arrived there.

18 month contract seems hardly a ringing endorsement. Wonder if that put other coaches/managers off?
Happy they have gone elsewhere for their manager, regardless of how they arrived there.

Aye, I thought that myself.

They also could be talking shite in their statement about him being the number 1 choice etc.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

They also could be talking shite in their statement about him being the number 1 choice etc.

Didn't Dundee say McCann was always their number 1 choice despite the chairman flying to Spain and accosting Jack Ross on a sunlounger. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, clubs are never going to say anything else. "Despite being 5th choice, we think he has all the attributes to take us forward..."

Anyway, time to move on. 

Didn't Dundee say McCann was always their number 1 choice despite the chairman flying to Spain and accosting Jack Ross on a sunlounger. 

Didn't McCann do a U-turn after initially rejecting the chance to stay on, which led to the Jack approach?

I was away during the whole Ross to Dundee saga so I wasn't really getting the chance to read much about it at the time so you may be right.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Didn't McCann do a U-turn after initially rejecting the chance to stay on, which led to the Jack approach?

I was away during the whole Ross to Dundee saga so I wasn't really getting the chance to read much about it at the time so you may be right.

More making the point that clubs rarely come out with "well we got knocked back and but we're sure our 8th choice is the man".  Well apart from the SFA but...

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, he had told them he only wanted it til the summer, then they suddenly announced him as permanent manager the day after Jack was reported to have turned them down. All speculation, although you can often guess what's gone on, rightly or wrongly.