The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

19 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Total lack of ambition.

No. He has the ambition to win the title with St Mirren, and the ambition to move to a bigger club than Barnsley eventually, and our club had the ambition to pay the going rate to the best manager we've had for a long time.

If you're looking to find folk who lack ambition... well, you can finish that sentence yourself.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

That wee McArab boy will be inconsolable.

Would have been better for us had he left of course but fucking admirable that he has stayed to finish the job he started. 

When you think of all the Scottish managers who have lifted their skirts at the first offer of a gig in England, it is a refreshing break from the norm and fair play to him.

As for the wee boy line.... a bit needless tbh.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair play to Ross, seems like there's more and more young managers who realise that the absolute graveyard of the English Championship isn't the greatest place for their career, moneys all well and fine but you look at the likes of Neilson, who left a club chasing second place in our top flight, to waste a year of his career in the English Leagues, and now has to start all over again. 

Spot on, 100%. 

Some of the posts on here in the last few days, from some Saints fans, have been toe curling cringey. Before anyone points out the obvious I appreciate it's a discussion forum but I just wish they wouldn't fall hook, line and sinker for some rag paper  made up story and wait until something actually happens before going on and on and on. It's getting as bad as I remember BAWA  was a few years ago when I last looked there.

26 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Would have been better for us had he left of course but fucking admirable that he has stayed to finish the job he started. 

When you think of all the Scottish managers who have lifted their skirts at the first offer of a gig in England, it is a refreshing break from the norm and fair play to him.

As for the wee boy line.... a bit needless tbh.

Back in your box wee man WUM.

10 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Some of the posts on here in the last few days, from some Saints fans, have been toe curling cringey. Before anyone points out the obvious I appreciate it's a discussion forum but I just wish they wouldn't fall hook, line and sinker for some rag paper  made up story and wait until something actually happens before going on and on and on. It's getting as bad as I remember BAWA  was a few years ago when I last looked there.

Your post would have been valid if Jack hadn't gone down there for an interview.

This wasn't 'a rag paper made-up story'  blown  out of proportion.

12 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Guessing you didn't read the official statement that confirmed permission was granted on Tuesday night for Barnsley to speak to him?

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Guessing you didn't read the official statement that confirmed permission was granted on Tuesday night for Barnsley to speak to him?

It's a big step from being granted to speak to any other club and some going overboard with what will happen when he leaves. Two days of utter nonsense including wind ups from other clubs fans which is obviously understandable, before the official announcement by whatever means. I don't have twitter if that's where the announcement was and I certainly wouldn't believe anything I read on on of Div's forums. 

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

It's a big step from being granted to speak to any other club and some going overboard with what will happen when he leaves. Two days of utter nonsense including wind ups from other clubs fans which is obviously understandable, before the official announcement by whatever means. I don't have twitter if that's where the announcement was and I certainly wouldn't believe anything I read on on of Div's forums. 

Discussing what might happen if he left is fair game. I don't see the issue in it. 

Yes, the knickerwetting was embarrassing. I said as much myself yesterday but I don't think there is any harm in talking about how we should have moved forward if he did leave given that it would have been quite understandable if he had.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Discussing what might happen if he left is fair game. I don't see the issue in it. 

Yes, the knickerwetting was embarrassing. I said as much myself yesterday but I don't think there is any harm in talking about how we should have moved forward if he did leave given that it would have been quite understandable if he had.

I just found the whole thing counter productive as we all know lazy journalists come on to forums and turn our shite into their next days stories. I would personally prefer taking a step back and waiting to hear the true story when it comes out instead of going on Ad ifinintum.

Anyway...delighted JR has decided to stay with us ...again. For a while anyway.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

I just found the whole thing counter productive as we all know lazy journalists come on to forums and turn our shite into their next days stories. I would personally prefer taking a step back and waiting to hear the true story when it comes out instead of going on Ad ifinintum.

Anyway...delighted JR has decided to stay with us ...again. For a while anyway.

Jack travelled to Barnsley took his time to sum up what he wanted , and ?  If he did not weigh up the offers would it have taken so long ? Bottom line happy days for us.

You have not got a clue so out of touch you must live south of glenburn  with one of those Scottish English accents. However your a bud so there must be something in there even if its hanging on a judgemental thread. 
You do realise the quote of mine you have highlighted there was not a reply to you?