The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

You misquoted me for crying out loud! This for example..

I never said anything of the sort, what I said was people should at least listen to what the man says day in day out rather than tittle tattle of The Sun.

Eh, except that's not what you said...

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

What is entirely clear is that there are an absolute shit ton of people on here who have never listened to a Jack Ross interview in their lives, who are now postulating his moves based on their own grubby desires for more money.

No mention of the Sun there and quite clearly you're implying that people don't know what they're talking about because they don't listen to Jack Ross, when in actual fact a lot of St Mirren fans (who do listen to Jack Ross as much as you) agree with the viewpoint that he might fancy taking the job.

If Jack Ross does go to Barnsley, will you be apologising to anyone?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If Jack Ross does go to Barnsley, will you be apologising to anyone?

I'll certainly admit I was wrong, I've got no issue with that! I've been wrong loads of times.

The problem with forums is you miss the subtlety of the delivery, so people can look a lot angrier than what they actually are. I guess people have picked that up from my comments. I could fill the place full of emoticons to try and offset that but I just think that makes people look a bit mental.

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

So is he allowed to go speak to them without Saint Mirrens permission.

No.

The problem is if he wants to go. Like a player not wanting to be at a club, it's just a nightmare. So you could be in "the right" but it effecting the club far more than just relenting in the first place.

I can't see Ross going. Managers get very few opportunities to actually achieve something concrete and he's on the verge of winning the league. Entirely possible that this will be his only opportunity to do that in his career. He'll have plenty of opportunities in the summer if he wants to move on to a bigger club and bigger wage. No need for him to rush it.

Some of the knicker pishing on here is mental.

If he goes, he goes. We're never going to stand in his way.

Is it a blow? Of course but it's a blow we'll be taking sooner rather than later. The likelihood is that James Fowler would then step in to JR's shoes for the remainder of the season and we'd take it from there as presumably JF will follow Jack south eventually. It would likely be a smooth enough transition at this stage as the players who are there already are presumably comfortable with Fowler.

If he goes, he's left us in a far stronger position than where we were when he took over and has done enough work to hopefully see us over the line. If he stays, it's because he sees the value in a league win on the CV of a young manager and also because he's got faith that there is a bigger opportunity on the horizon somewhere. The likelihood is that if Barnsley want him, the pull of the Championship will be too much to resist. We'll regroup and move on.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Some of the knicker pishing on here is mental.

If he goes, he goes. We're never going to stand in his way.

Is it a blow? Of course but it's a blow we'll be taking sooner rather than later. The likelihood is that James Fowler would then step in to JR's shoes for the remainder of the season and we'd take it from there as presumably JF will follow Jack south eventually. It would likely be a smooth enough transition at this stage as the players who are there already are presumably comfortable with Fowler.

If he goes, he's left us in a far stronger position than where we were when he took over and has done enough work to hopefully see us over the line. If he stays, it's because he sees the value in a league win on the CV of a young manager and also because he's got faith that there is a bigger opportunity on the horizon somewhere. The likelihood is that if Barnsley want him, the pull of the Championship will be too much to resist. We'll regroup and move on.

That's the way I see it almost, I'm sure James would bite your hand off to be a premiership manager. If Jack goes it will be a sad day /  don't care about the fans its the initial shock it will have in the dressing room for Saturday that would concern me the most. Let' hope he stays. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Saturday's game is going to be interesting if he's not here how will the players that signed for him feel  this could derail our whole season .

Behave FFS.

You honestly think players of a team who are potentially half a dozen games from winning the championship will down tools and chuck it because the manager has left? :lol:

To be fair, has Elvis not tipped us to lose every single game this season? At least he's consistent!

It sounds like Barnsley are willing to take a punt here instead of taking on the latest free agent on the English lower league shit Manager merry go round. Fair play to them. I think if they speak to Ross they will be impressed. It's fairly obvious he's got something about him, and I think he'll do well for them. Gutter for us, but it happens. We've still got the best team in the league and I doubt they'll chuck it now.