The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

35 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The other team are apparently Hearts (Levein back to DoF) but Jack isn't interested in working in that structure. The Barnsley job is all but agreed providing the compensation demands are met. No idea on amounts or whether Barnsley are stalling on that.

Alert Alert Alert - please use toilet roll on finger tips after typing. 

40 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The other team are apparently Hearts (Levein back to DoF) but Jack isn't interested in working in that structure. The Barnsley job is all but agreed providing the compensation demands are met. No idea on amounts or whether Barnsley are stalling on that.

Poor try. Jack isn't even in Barnsley's top 3 candidates according to this report ....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/14/report-paul-harsley-emerges-as-front-runner-for-barnsley-manager/

Edited by NorthBank

50 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I guess things have changed at Tynecastle since Jack had problems with his leg and had to get help from a member of staff to get it over.

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

So have we got past the point of some saints fans going, "Listen to what he has said for the last year", and other less informed funsters giving it the "it's all for the money"?

This seems to be the split here. Those who have actually followed what Ross has said and done, and those who know f**k all but are immediately ITK because there might be some money involved.

:lol:

When are you going to stop preaching nonsense? It's all about opinions. You're trumpeting your own as somehow almost fact because you've read/listened to a few interviews, which we all have. Others are of the opinion that money talks, which it inevitably does the most of the time.

Just because a manager says something in an interview doesn't mean he's beholden to those words forever more. Things change, big decisions aren't taken lightly.

This from one who knows f**k all according to you, because I'm not naive enough to take everything someone says as being written in stone.

As I'm sure we all know, all these reports are pure speculation. We're reading loads about Jack Ross because it was reported in the Glasgow gutter press. Other reports have been published in rags down south, with totally different targets in mind.

I'm sure it'll all become clear soon, and I'm sure Barnsley will have contacted a few of the names mentioned to sound them out, with Jack being one of those. After that it'll be a case of who Barnsley want as manager mixed with who they are capable of getting.

Not much Saints fans can do about it, other than prepare for the possibility that Jack could go, while realising it's still very far from a done deal whichever way you look at it.

3 hours ago, billyg said:

The club are quoted in the Herald this morning as being "confident of keeping Jack " in this case until the end of the season at least. This is the exact same quote used when Dundee made an approach in the summer . Gut feeling is he won't be going anywhere for now , even if he's offered the job at Barnsley. Rumour is at least one big club have notified St Mirren of their interest in Ross , and will pursue him during the close season !

Rangers?

I'm not worried.

Jack, in my opinion, will at least want to stay until the summer is here and the title is in the bag. I don't think just now is the right time for him to move. Title under his belt and i think it'll be a different matter. Will he even want to make the move down South? I'm not so sure...look at when he was a player with Hartlepool, too much to uproot his wife, and moved back up six months later homesick. If he does he'll no doubt get a better offer in the summer.

As for all the speculation, Fitzy has come out and dispelled the rumours so far.

No approach has been made, and from the English papers he isn't anywhere near top of their list...so it looks like what happened with Dundee last year. The gutter press having a couple of quiet days in the sports pages, see a vacancy elsewhere and put two and two together to make five. Continue bombarding us with articles on every medium, the odds drop which gives them more ammunition to say their story is true, and hopefully manipulating enough that their chosen outcome comes off. 

Yet another reason I wouldn't wipe my a*se with the Record or the Sun. As for any chat on Clyde 1 I trust that even less...would rather stick my eyes out with rusty heroin spoons than take anything Hugh Keevins and that useless tw*t Alex Rae have to say at face value.

Edited by JimmyMirren

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Humour me.  Go on, what do people who said "Jack Ross might fancy the Barnsley job" have to apologise to you for?

I think you'll find many turned to personal insults rather than dealing with the facts, that mixed with numerous misquotes and blatant assumptions. Even in your answer you are misrepresenting the situation.

Listen, I get it, open forum and all that, people get pissy. It's not needed though.

Edited by Buddist Monk

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

I think you'll find many turned to personal insults rather than dealing with the facts, that mixed with numerous misquotes and blatant assumptions.

Listen, I get it, open forum and all that, people get pissy. It's not needed though.

I don't think any of that has happened here.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think any of that has happened here.

You misquoted me for crying out loud! This for example..

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You're claiming to know better than everyone because you've watched Jack Ross' interviews.

I never said anything of the sort, what I said was people should at least listen to what the man says day in day out rather than tittle tattle of The Sun.

Do I want to spend time debating the debaters, 'qui disputet conquisitor' as it were? No of course not, but it's difficult not to post 3 or 4 rebuttles when people have blatantly misinterpreted what I said.

Bottom line, if Ross goes I'm happy as the club is back in the Premier. If he doesn't, I'll be happy as we'll have continuity. At this moment it's all win/win for St Mirren fans. Next season will be the nightmare of the shitfest express, leaving from Paisley St James.