The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I get why Morton fans are so keen to mention the 4-1 game. It's about the only positive thing that has happened to them or their club in years. We shouldn't be so harsh on them for using the score like some sort of security blanket.

In many ways, and purely for the gate receipts, but I'd be happy to see Morton in the top league with us as they push for the playoffs and take out some diddy team like Dundee. The problem is of course, Morton fans would be utterly insufferable if they ever did get there, though, and I'm not sure I can really be bothered with that. Plus why break the 40 year old habit of never getting promotion to the top division.

21 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

My personal bugbear is that as being part of the UK we are somehow expected to put up with wall to wall English bullshit, whether it's their football, rugby or cricket.

Fair point.  May I recommend to steer clear of the 6 Nations starting this weekend then?  You see, there's a chap called John Inverdale...

Fair point.  May I recommend to steer clear of the 6 Nations starting this weekend then?  You see, there's a chap called John Inverdale...

I’ll be staying clear of it because it’s a dreadful sport.

15 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Is that because you find Inverdale particularly loathsome?

My annoyance is not at the international level, more the domestic, although it's always a joy to have an English football game on STV with English commentators explaining it was only a few years ago the English won the World Cup.

1 hour ago, k-ton said:

When you put it that way, I realise that we definitely didn't pump you that day.

:thumsup2

I was only kidding, obviously. It's one of those pumpings we're grateful for - seemed to really galvanise our season. If it wasn't for that, we might only be in second or something. You're a good bunch really.

We have over-achieved. 

I'm not saying St Mirren aren't doing very well but have you really over achieved?

I have no idea about budgets but when I look at St Mirren and Dundee Utd's squads I'd say St Mirren have the better players who would command the higher wages. Outwith Utd I certainly don't see anyone else coming close to that sort of budget. Not that you are spending outwith your means or anything like that, just an observation.

47 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You did, and you'll have that trophy to put in your cabinet at the end of the season I'm sure... :thumsup2

Come, come... no one's asking for a trophy.

I merely want the original poster to go back, edit his post and insert the words "Greenock Morton" into the list of teams who've made you their bitches this season.

5 minutes ago, k-ton said:

Come, come... no one's asking for a trophy.

I merely want the original poster to go back, edit his post and insert the words "Greenock Morton" into the list of teams who've made you their bitches this season.

I sense you think you deserve a trophy for one game. We've been nobody's "bitches" this season. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I sense you think you deserve a trophy for one game. We've been nobody's "bitches" this season. :rolleyes:

What was it about when I said "No one's asking for a trophy" that made you think that?  

You've shipped 4 or more goals on no less than 3 separate occasions this season.  Seems to me like this seasons you're a few teams bitches.

3 minutes ago, k-ton said:

What was it about when I said "No one's asking for a trophy" that made you think that?  

You've shipped 4 or more goals on no less than 3 separate occasions this season.  Seems to me like this seasons you're a few teams bitches.

Morton being one but I can handle that as we win the title and back to our rightful hame :P

Edited by Demented Zebra

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Morton being one but I can handle that as we win the title and back to our rightful hame :P

Congrats on the early award of the trophy - hope you enjoyed the champagne and hookers!

13 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd happily take a few bitchings if it meant being 11 points clear and being on the way to promotion tbh.

Oh, for sure, but it'd be even nicer if your derby rivals hadn't battered you along the way.

6 minutes ago, k-ton said:

Congrats on the early award of the trophy - hope you enjoyed the champagne and hookers!

Oh, for sure, but it'd be even nicer if your derby rivals hadn't battered you along the way.

You're not derby rivals but an insignificant wee team that have done nothing in decades. But thanks for the title winning congratulations - we'll let you know what it feels like :)

13 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

You're not derby rivals but an insignificant wee team that have done nothing in decades. But thanks for the title winning congratulations - we'll let you know what it feels like :)

You'd do well to let your fellow supporters that we're not derby rivals because they clearly haven't got the message.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not saying St Mirren aren't doing very well but have you really over achieved?

I have no idea about budgets but when I look at St Mirren and Dundee Utd's squads I'd say St Mirren have the better players who would command the higher wages. Outwith Utd I certainly don't see anyone else coming close to that sort of budget. Not that you are spending outwith your means or anything like that, just an observation.

Almost 1 m taken in transfer fees ,so no saints haven’t overspent