The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

When he scores against a good full time team putting in a fantastic performance let me know. Don't expect to hear from you in a very long time, if ever!
He scored and put in a fantastic performance against the Falkirk team that had just bent over Qots the week before and would then absolutely pump Dundee Utd the week after.

You're welcome.

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He scored and put in a fantastic performance against the Falkirk team that had just bent over Qots the week before and would then absolutely pump Dundee Utd the week after.

You're welcome.

Falkirk, the team who up until yesterday had only won 2 league games so far this season and are sitting second bottom of the league. Nice one. :lol:

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

His play at Dunfermline personified a gutless player, actively hiding from any responsibility or trying to get the ball.

This has been done to death anyway, he was absolutely dreadful for Dunfermline and apparently he's been very good for St Mirren. There's plenty of players that haven't worked out at one club and have worked out at another. Our team yesterday had 5 players in it who the vast majority deemed not good enough for this level.

Again, all evidence points to that being more to do with shit man management at your club, than anything else. Look at it as a failure to inspire or to motivate.

As you said players perform badly at some clubs, but in this case it doesn't make him a gutless individual, as is clearly evidenced by his performances for QOS and now us.

Anyway 20 goals and counting, from a properly coached player.:)

Again, all evidence points to that being more to do with shit man management at your club, than anything else. Look at it as a failure to inspire or to motivate.
As you said players perform badly at some clubs, but in this case it doesn't make him a gutless individual, as is clearly evidenced by his performances for QOS and now us.
Anyway 20 goals and counting, from a properly coached player.[emoji4]

He had performed well under the very same management team before, the the shit man management has as I've just mentioned, got enough out of five players who no one rated at this level last season.

It's far to simplistic to claim it was purely down to man management. He may have been suffering from issues in his personal life? His performances by the end of the season were the epitome of gutless though sadly.

You seem to be forgetting his spell at Hearts there, I wonder why that is?

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

That Falkirk indeed.

It's a wonder you didn't beat them if they were so poor.

Just watched the goals from the game OMG that keeper, did he have a bet on Clark for first goal? As for Nicky's celebration, never mind going to team mates no he runs straight to daddy, seriously.:huh:

Anyway, well done Gav on reaching 20 goals already in the season, sure there's more to come, just not against us please. Some people don't appreciate what they've had until they lose it.

Edited by Hawk

31 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

The headline also doesn't seem to match the direct quote. 

I googled to check and, to be fair, Magennis does go into more detail to match the headline. Doesn't suit me - I prefer the Shhhhhhh approach - but it's good to hear the squad is feeling confident.

15 hours ago, printer said:

Because it's preposterous.

Sure we'll see, he's 21 and unplayable against some of the teams in this league. He's better IMO that Mallan and Mccalister that went to the English Championship which as a league is country miles ahead of the SP. Celtic have got a diamond and I would not be surprised if he went to a bigger club than them in the next 3-4 years. 

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I googled to check and, to be fair, Magennis does go into more detail to match the headline. Doesn't suit me - I prefer the Shhhhhhh approach - but it's good to hear the squad is feeling confident.

Fair enough, hate when players comment on rivals. Backfires usually. 

5 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Fair enough, hate when players comment on rivals. Backfires usually. 

Yeah much prefer us just to speak about us nothing we can do about other teams around us unless we play them.  but Media will always ask the questions on nearest rivals 

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, I always wonder if 'pinning newspaper articles to the dressing room wall' is a bit of a myth, but I wouldn't blame the Arabs for being a bit pissed off at these comments, tbh.

No real harm done. He's a young lad.

By all accounts, the time we went to Falkirk with a defeat relegating us, it did indeed happen. Jack Ross (remember him) got some over confident texts from ex-Falkirk teammates didn't he? We both survived I think.  

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, I always wonder if 'pinning newspaper articles to the dressing room wall' is a bit of a myth, but I wouldn't blame the Arabs for being a bit pissed off at these comments, tbh.

No real harm done. He's a young lad.

it's funny as listening to clyde 1 on way home from the game every single so called pundit on the show said the exact same thing about the Utd result,  I wouldn't read to much in to Kyle's comments he said what we were all thinking let's be honest,  don't see it as a pop at anyone