The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's 2018 and clubs are still giving their best players away to the OF? Just fold already.

If that's in reference to Morgan, he was out of contract in the summer and wasn't signing a new one. £300k, plus him back for the same amount of time he would have been with us anyway doesn't seem such a bad deal. I'd like more, but that's just the way it is.

21 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's 2018 and clubs are still giving their best players away to the OF? Just fold already.

Maybe you could give us some advice on how to go about doing that.

I seem to remember it starts with making players redundant................

Apologies missed the first step - spend money you don't have.

Edited by FTOF

6 hours ago, Young gun said:

A quote from BBC 

i doubt Lewis ever said this at all

I got written off here by St Mirren fans when I was coming through - that's part and parcel of football," Morgan said.

Not aware of anyone really having done that with him in particular. I thought he looked decent in the few appearances he made in the Premiership and could tell there was talent there when he was getting starts under Murray.

21 hours ago, Young gun said:

A quote from BBC 

i doubt Lewis ever said this at all

I got written off here by St Mirren fans when I was coming through - that's part and parcel of football," Morgan said.

Maybe he thought the fat pipe-fitter was a St Mirren fan.

Saints go 6 points clear at the top, and number of posts on the 17-18 general Saints thread..... zero.

12 months ago when we had, yet another, bad result we probably had 50 posts in the first, couple of hours.

Something has changed..... lovely!

Edited by Bobby_F

Do Dunfermline fans still claim Gavin Reilly is shite?
Probably ask on the Dunfermline thread and you'll find out.

And yes, I'd him down as one of the worst, most gutless strikers to have played at Dunfermline in recent memory.

He's been absolutely honking against Dunfermline this season too which is nice.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

And yes, I'd him down as one of the worst, most gutless strikers to have played at Dunfermline in recent memory.

One thing that is clear is that Reilly is far from gutless, having witnessed his performances for us this season.

I think that says more about the non-ability of your management team to get the best out a very talented footballer, as opposed to the player himself.

He actually played quite well in the game against Dunfermline in Paisley as well. He missed a really good chance, but other than that his all round play was good.

I wouldn't swap him for any striker in the league.

Edited by houston_bud

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

He's obviously been inspired by playing for a team with a realistic chance of promotion.

One thing that is clear is that Reilly is far from gutless, having witnessed his performances for us this season.
I think that says more about the non-ability of your management team to get the best out a very talented footballer, as opposed to the player himself.

His play at Dunfermline personified a gutless player, actively hiding from any responsibility or trying to get the ball.

This has been done to death anyway, he was absolutely dreadful for Dunfermline and apparently he's been very good for St Mirren. There's plenty of players that haven't worked out at one club and have worked out at another. Our team yesterday had 5 players in it who the vast majority deemed not good enough for this level.

He actually played quite well in the game against Dunfermline in Paisley as well. He missed a really good chance, but other than that his all round play was good.
I wouldn't swap him for any striker in the league.
And likewise I wouldn't swap him for any of our 4 strikers, football though.

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Do Dunfermline fans still claim Gavin Reilly is shite?

They wouldn't know, they think Nicky is fabulous, to the point going by yesterday's highlights they've now made him captain!!!

Wow next they'll have Liz doing the press stuff and the war hero other son will be head of security. :lol:

They wouldn't know, they think Nicky is fabulous, to the point going by yesterday's highlights they've now made him captain!!!
Wow next they'll have Liz doing the press stuff and the war hero other son will be head of security. :lol:
He was also captain last week when he scored and had a fantastic performance.

You were sadly missing from that thread unsurprisingly.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

He was also captain last week when he scored and had a fantastic performance.

You were sadly missing from that thread unsurprisingly.

When he scores against a good full time team putting in a fantastic performance let me know. Don't expect to hear from you in a very long time, if ever!