The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Seriously, what is on that fucking DVD?! The time we almost but didn't quite get relegated? The time they were last in the top flight and conceded about 100 goals? BBC footage of the time they actually won something? Shit... No... The BBC wasn't even a thing yet then.

Not quite. It was a show held in the Beacon in Greenock earlier this year going over the history and certain characters about the club and had an appearance from Andy Ritchie in it. I unfortunately couldn’t make the show but anyone I spoke to about it said it was excellent and that’s why they’ve produced a DVD version of it. 

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/15493066.Win_tickets_to____Mon_Eh_Ton____/

39 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Not quite. It was a show held in the Beacon in Greenock earlier this year going over the history and certain characters about the club and had an appearance from Andy Ritchie in it. I unfortunately couldn’t make the show but anyone I spoke to about it said it was excellent and that’s why they’ve produced a DVD version of it. 

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/15493066.Win_tickets_to____Mon_Eh_Ton____/

Hopefully no one was getting light fingered and snowdroping the funds for this one. 

We all know what a Morton supporters function is like. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Hopefully there is stock left and I can put in a late request to Mr Klaus.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

I remember the guy being on off the ball promoting the show. It genuinely did sound very decent.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

I feel bad for mocking now. A bit. 

14 hours ago, Scosha said:

The stage show was very good, I live in Inverkip and one of my “Morton” pals got me a ticket to go with him and his pals for a laugh.....I honestly thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Edited by weebud

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is Hilson crocked at the moment? Will probably get another FT deal but would really love him to come here, been a guy I’ve wanted since we got DC in.

I've honestly lost track. It's a shame for him as most people agree he's looked talented. Could be a wasted career if he can't get on top of those injuries, and I'd be surprised if he got another FT gig as a result. :(

Strong rumours about Celtic spending £4m on two players in the transfer window - one being Morgan (then loaned back), the other being McGinn.

That's well over £1m coming our way if true. :blink:

I'll make a start with the gifs here - feel free to add your own. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Coventry Saint

Is Hilson crocked at the moment? Will probably get another FT deal but would really love him to come here, been a guy I’ve wanted since we got DC in.

Hilson's clearly got ability but is one who's career has been massively hampered by injuries.

If he wasn't commanding a sizeable wage (and I don't really see with his record how he could at this stage) I wouldn't mind us taking a chance on him until the end of the season.

He's a talented player and maybe just a lucky break would see him back on track.

13 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Hilson's clearly got ability but is one who's career has been massively hampered by injuries.

If he wasn't commanding a sizeable wage (and I don't really see with his record how he could at this stage) I wouldn't mind us taking a chance on him until the end of the season.

He's a talented player and maybe just a lucky break would see him back on track.

As opposed to the unlucky ones he's had so far........................