The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's a possibility, aye.

I really don't think so. If he wanted to move to a team in the top flight he could have taken on Dundee - and apparently that's the team he supports.

With the caveat that we have all been wrong predicting the premature demise of St Johnstone, they are in no way a step up from us. Even the most charitable would consider it a sideways move.

16 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I really don't think so. If he wanted to move to a team in the top flight he could have taken on Dundee - and apparently that's the team he supports.

With the caveat that we have all been wrong predicting the premature demise of St Johnstone, they are in no way a step up from us. Even the most charitable would consider it a sideways move.

I tend to agree with you in that he could potentially be better off staying at St Mirren than going there (nor do I believe Jack Ross would take it), but I think given all available managers St Johnstone would be daft not to approach him.  I reckon St Johnstone can put together a fairly attractive package for a club their size too.

3 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

True, in terms of achievements theres been nothing between the two clubs in the past decade

An obviously failed bid as Paisley is not and never will be a city: time to rename their ridiculous shoebox of a ground again.
_90011794_tonyf.jpg.2b756211ad0f1ce259f207069ac5d7fb.jpg

The two year deal was due to end this month anyway so we would have been dropping the 2021 bit regardless, swing and a miss. Oh and we were paid for the privilege, shrewd !

The Chic Young Heroin Bowl

Chic Young’s Faux support of all things black and white on the west coast was outed some time ago. He’s a supporter of a club that folded and now spends his days wandering aimlessly hoping that another club will welcome him in. Unfortunately, new Rangers has still got a tiff with the BBC going, but no one knows what it’s really about anymore as Celtic are now accusing the same investigative journo a Rangers fan.

I think Chico will end up being the celeb fan of a junior side. May even be Falkirk if they keep their demise on track.