The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Couple of hundred thousand pounds, a loan back and a nice large chunk of sell on money would be, imo, the best outcome for all parties.

I had the same high hopes for the deal for his bud.  Think he's still getting splinters in his ass from the bench at Barnsley.  If he's even getting on the bench...  

5 hours ago, McG said:

The deal is already done.

Shame as he will likely disappear like a lot of players before him.

Don't mind the lad leaving as he deserves a chance to play at a higher level but I just don't see him getting much of a chance at Celtic.

Shame as he will likely disappear like a lot of players before him.
Don't mind the lad leaving as he deserves a chance to play at a higher level but I just don't see him getting much of a chance at Celtic.

Sadly that's not our concern. I think he would develop better at somewhere like Hibs just like McGinn but they won't be able to offer the same as Celtic.

Maybe he'll get loaned out to a Premiership club next season?

Getting way ahead of myself here, but having a very quick swatch on the Aberdeen thread a few sheep don't seem to mind the prospect of Ross replacing mcinnes should he go.

I'm surprised at this, I think the board wouldn't want to take any chances and go for more of a "name" or someone with more
Experience. Absolutely no chance Ross would turn down the sheep if they came calling

Think Ross is the most obvious replacement if/when Derek moves on.  McLeish was always going to be on there,but he is at the desperation stage looking for a job and not sure that  would be a forward thinking move for Aberdeen.

He and prob Robinson are the two managers in Scotland who are impressing at the minute. Hopkin is too, but surely Aberdeen job to big for him right now?

If he does, who do you fancy as a replacement? Hopkin,? Would Lambert be tempted??  No doubt the usual names will be branded about- Hughes, Stubbs, Houston etc.

5 hours ago, geo87 said:

Getting way ahead of myself here, but having a very quick swatch on the Aberdeen thread a few sheep don't seem to mind the prospect of Ross replacing mcinnes should he go.

I'm surprised at this, I think the board wouldn't want to take any chances and go for more of a "name" or someone with more
Experience. Absolutely no chance Ross would turn down the sheep if they came calling

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I can't see Aberdeen going for Ross. I think they'd try appoint someone with a slightly longer managerial career and with higher level experience

The problem is, and we've seen this with McInnes, the media will just tap him up for Aberdeen.