The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just seen on Twitter that Burton Albion have come into some money.

Might be time to batten down the hatches...

(My honest belief/hope is that Lewis will stay for the season, and get himself a bigger contract somewhere by going on a free.)

Were they interested in Morgan? I think I've said before but Huddersfield were seriously interested at some point last season although with them being in the Premiership they'll probably be looking elsewhere. 

Just seen on Twitter that Burton Albion have come into some money.

Might be time to batten down the hatches...

(My honest belief/hope is that Lewis will stay for the season, and get himself a bigger contract somewhere by going on a free.)

It's hard to believe that Hull actually paid Burton Albion 2 million for Jackson Irvine, English football has actually gone mad.:lol:

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Were they interested in Morgan? I think I've said before but Huddersfield were seriously interested at some point last season although with them being in the Premiership they'll probably be looking elsewhere. 

Burton are the only team that we know to have made a bid this summer - it was of the 'derisory' nature and was politely rejected.

Seems strange for such a talented player to have only had one team after him, which is what makes me sure he's heading to a bigger team for a free next summer. Ie I bet neither he nor his agent are angling for anything.

While as far as I'm aware, we don't need to sell, obviously we are a selling club and he'll go if they hit the right fee.

It's hard to believe that Hull actually paid Burton Albion 2 million for Jackson Irvine, English football has actually gone mad.[emoji38]

£2m for Irvine looks a complete bargain when you consider some of what's going on in the EFL Championship this season.

I'd pay £2m just to admire his hair for three seasons.

Timely update here:

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/15504038.St_Mirren_manager_Jack_Ross_hails_Saints_board_s_stance_on_Lewis_Morgan_and_backs_winger_to_reach_the_top/

JR doesn't seem to think he's going anywhere. I think praising the board for this, at this time, is a very shrewd move by Jack.

Edit: Jack is on fire today: just seen he has just accepted his one-match touchline ban, which will now be enforced against Hearts Colts :lol:

Edited by Coventry Saint

Edit: Jack is on fire today: just seen he has just accepted his one-match touchline ban, which will now be enforced against Hearts Colts :lol:

Thats probably just so he doesnt have to shake hands with Levein.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Burton are the only team that we know to have made a bid this summer - it was of the 'derisory' nature and was politely rejected.

Seems strange for such a talented player to have only had one team after him, which is what makes me sure he's heading to a bigger team for a free next summer. Ie I bet neither he nor his agent are angling for anything.

While as far as I'm aware, we don't need to sell, obviously we are a selling club and he'll go if they hit the right fee.

I thought Hibs made enquiries but not an actual bid once they got a better idea of the money being talked about.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Is John Sutton playing for you regularly? Rumour going about he's possibly signing on loan for us today.

He's played a few games and most fans want to see him kept on as he still has something to offer. Word is the relationship between him and Jack Ross isn't the best. He's been rumoured to be leaving us all summer - at this stage, with nobody else coming in, I'd rather we kept him.

If he does leave, though, it must not be to a league rival, so perhaps Ayr would make sense.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's played a few games and most fans want to see him kept on as he still has something to offer. Word is the relationship between him and Jack Ross isn't the best. He's been rumoured to be leaving us all summer - at this stage, with nobody else coming in, I'd rather we kept him.

If he does leave, though, it must not be to a league rival, so perhaps Ayr would make sense.

Like I said, just a rumour. Someone on an Ayr Facebook group claiming to be ITK said we'll sign an experienced centre forward on loan from a club in the league above. So naturally Suttons name has popped up.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Like I said, just a rumour. Someone on an Ayr Facebook group claiming to be ITK said we'll sign an experienced centre forward on loan from a club in the league above. So naturally Suttons name has popped up.

Hell of a signing if true. He would clean up in League One.

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

Even if we did get any money would that not be owed to old board or someone else!!

Don't see why.

Part of the deal involved 33% of any future fee going to St Mirren, not Stewart Gilmour (surely? :unsure:)

Think there's some sort of deal between the selling consortium and SMISA + GS that should the club come into any unexpected income ie: player sales, then part of those funds will be used to speed up the payments still due to the consortium from the takeover of the club.

Nice to wake up and see this thread was nice and quiet through the night.

Morgan staying, Magennis on his way back, Davis coming back a little later, Sutton stayed, and Barca's scouts didn't make it far enough north to take in Super Gavin Reilly's performances against Livi or Falkirk.

I reckon we're in good shape to challenge for that 4th place trophy... :whistle