The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

IMG_0684.PNG.thumb.png.cb8a1ee4dcd2de8446f578fe2dfddb08.png.796b1563ca5ad9453b86a1852755846b.png

Far too skinny and short for Shankland.

The reality is it's probably heehaw to do with football to be fair, though Stelios was suspended at the weekend so wasn't in the squad and the photos were put out on Saturday.

Some Saints fans on BAWA seem convinced it's Scott McDonald, which poses the most obvious question. Why is he hanging about with Stelios?

It was actually a bit of piss taking given the Scott McDonald thread :) Brilliant humour from Stelios which got the BAWA typing who is it ,  Stelios will be having a good giggle I'm sure. 

I must admit to being concerned about the quality of Jack's signings. Kirkpatrick Stewart Reilly and Buchanan look utterly shite pre season. Word is that there won't be any more movement until we off load a few. 

Once we get Eckersley and Magennis fit then that will make a difference, but we still need at least 3 more good signings to be at least competitive. 

I must admit to being concerned about the quality of Jack's signings. Kirkpatrick Stewart Reilly and Buchanan look utterly shite pre season. Word is that there won't be any more movement until we off load a few. 
Once we get Eckersley and Magennis fit then that will make a difference, but we still need at least 3 more good signings to be at least competitive. 

We are fucked that is all.

Well it's not Scott McDonald.

And it wasn't ever going to be. Any saints fan that thought otherwise has been sniffing the gear [emoji23]

Signings have been been of a poor squad filler standard so far but still time to go to fill a few spots.

Why doesn't he just throw Sutton up front like him or not he'll score goals.

Surprised to hear Buchanan isn't impressing, he was very good for us.

To be fair he's only been in the door 5 minutes.

League Cup results and performances concerning but we made a shit load of signings and some were part time. We can't expect it to click straight away.

1 minute ago, Young gun said:

Don't listen to St Boo fans please

I'm not one of the boo brigade, just being honest. From what I've seen of Buchanan he's a squad player at best, and should not start ahead of Jack Baird. When Harry Davis is confirmed and then fit to play Buchanan will be a bench warmer.

2 hours ago, bigmacDFC said:

Surprised to hear Buchanan isn't impressing, he was very good for us.

He had a poor headed clearance against Livi that cost us a goal. However, to some of our less tolerant fans, this means he is shite and should be sent on loan to Johnstone Burgh forthwith. Similarly, Reilly, Kirkpatrick etc have also been written off, JR has gone from being the messiah to a very naughty boy, and best predictions are we will do well to stay up.

Of course, beat Falkirk and everyone is happy again. No middle ground for some Saints fans.

Tbh, if anyone was to leave it would be 3 summer signings before anyone else. Stewart, Buchanan & Stewart don't look up to the challenge so far. Kirkpatrick not exactly done much either but looks the best of a bad bunch at this moment in time.

8 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Nobody is impressing,our marquee signings so far are McShane and Reilly,who have 3 goals between them in the last two seasons .The chairman is aiming

for mid table obscurity this season so he can rightly claim progress without spending any of the money we have taken in transfers and increased season ticket

sales.All we need now are a couple of loan signings on the eve of the first league game and St Mirren fans can spend the first two months of the season

using our favourite phrases like "These boys will need time to gel" and "Once these boys bed in we'll be flying" 

As i was saying...

3 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Dimitris Froxylias apparently.Started his senior career in 2010,had a few different clubs.A grand total of THREE goals in his career !!! Get him signed

In the papers last week that Dunfermline had him on trial. Also heard Bob Harris has been training with us..