The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Doesn't make sense. VirginTROLL told us the squad we assembled in january was unsustainable. If Davis signs then only Loy is missing, from the (decent) players we brought in.

I do hope he wasn't talking massive shite. 

Edited by Coventry Saint

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Must admit though, if Davis does sign then 2 from 4 of MacKenzie, Davis, Buchanan and Baird is going to leave us with the strongest selection of central defensive options in the league. 

I was wondering if it makes a 3-5-2 an option. 

Tbh I can't really see it, as I'm not sure where Morgan would fit into that, but it's nice to have options. 

On 7/15/2017 at 15:50, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty comfortable.

2 tap ins and a deflected effort, defending for Stranraers goal was shocking though.

I think the goals were very well worked to be fair. First one was unlucky not to go in from the original shot, keeper no chance and right back off the post. Striker did well to react. Fair enough one of the corners was poor defending leaving a man unmarked just outside the box but the other goals were really difficult balls into the box that any defender would struggle with. 

My concern would be with their goal, defenders left really exposed. Samson could potentially of made himself a bit bigger and got a stronger hand to it but bottom line is it's job done. Can't really have a dig at anyone after one game. COYS 

2 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

I think the goals were very well worked to be fair. First one was unlucky not to go in from the original shot, keeper no chance and right back off the post. Striker did well to react. Fair enough one of the corners was poor defending leaving a man unmarked just outside the box but the other goals were really difficult balls into the box that any defender would struggle with. 

My concern would be with their goal, defenders left really exposed. Samson could potentially of made himself a bit bigger and got a stronger hand to it but bottom line is it's job done. Can't really have a dig at anyone after one game. COYS 

Thought Samson made a few crucial saves which was pleasing to see. They were stuffy if not great it was a potential banana skin which we felt with well. Get a result against Livi will set us up well for Thistle game. 

54 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The signing of Harry Davis will be a game changer for us. Every good side needs a strong back line and he will easily be one of the best at this level, if not the best.

Indeed. The only worry I have is about his knee. His ability alone is certainly not in any question and you have to feel that if all things were OK with his knee, he'd have found a club by now. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Indeed. The only worry I have is about his knee. His ability alone is certainly not in any question and you have to feel that if all things were OK with his knee, he'd have found a club by now. 

I think the club have been helping him through his recovery much in the same way as they have given David Clarkson every assistance with the bad injury he suffered.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I think the club have been helping him through his recovery much in the same way as they have given David Clarkson every assistance with the bad injury he suffered.

Which is fair enough but the fact that we are even still feasibly in the hunt for him at this point seems a bit too good to be true.

Not that I'm doubting McG as I'm sure he wouldn't be posting what he is without foundation. He's usually quite confident when he posts something on here and he called the McShane signing right out of the blue last week despite a few folk scoffing at him for that.