The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, McG said:

Seems to be.

If Davis does sign it won't be until the end of this month I hear, good chance though.

If Davis does sign I'll be delighted. This deal has died and came alive so many times it makes the Graham Carey saga seem quick. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, McG said:

Seems to be.

If Davis does sign it won't be until the end of this month I hear, good chance though.

I guess the timing is slightly moot, given his injury. Would be great if he joined though. You'd be maybe looking at 8-10 goals just from your centre halves with him and Gary Mac.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

I guess the timing is slightly moot, given his injury. Would be great if he joined though. You'd be maybe looking at 8-10 goals just from your centre halves with him and Gary Mac.

A fit Harry Davis would be a fantastic signing, I rate him higher than Gary Mac and I rate him very highly.

Still a couple of players to come in yet at the very least.

2 minutes ago, McG said:

A fit Harry Davis would be a fantastic signing, I rate him higher than Gary Mac and I rate him very highly.

Harry Davis and another decent front man and I'll be a happy man with the current squad.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Encouraged by that. Is the Andy Ryan move dead at this point? 

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Could Falkirk pay that. It is a group of business men that are funding Loys wages is it not

I think he's referring to a debate that one of your guys had with a Morton fan? about the actual value of hee-haw and, no, Loy's wages are not being paid for us although I believe that there was some financial imput by a business group.

He doesn't tackle, doesn't score, can't pass, isn't especially quick and his set-pieces are awful.  I've simply never been able to understand the hype, or what he brings to a team.
The kind of player you realise is playing 20 minutes into the game.

Sounds like Kyle Hutton.