The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Exactly and there might be a complete meltdown from certain falkirk fans on here if he doesn't sign for them.  He'll never be allowed in Falkirk again considering his time there and his best pal there etc!!

We could sign Ronaldo and some Falkirk fans would have a meltdown.

He left us last time for £s with a wage we couldn't compete with, if it's not us again it will again be down to £s

Loy's not going to leave Dundee unless someone can replace the £1700 a week that he's reputedly earning or he gets a long term contract on a wage that he would accept. Most likely that he would go out on loan if McCann would accept that and that would probably be to the team that would contribute the highest % of his wage.

McCann may also want to keep him however, if not, a loan may again be Dundee's preferred option as, in the event that he scores loads in this league they would have the option of keeping him on at the end of the season.

I loved his affinity towards your club when he celebrated in front of the Falkirk support when he scored the opening goal at the Falkirk stadium the last time the 2 sides met!

Yes then he apologised for it on his Twitter account.... says it all!

Hibs knock back £1m offer from Ipswich for John McGinn.

Although not pivotal to our own budget, it's fair to say most of us will be watching the McLean and McGinn situation pretty closely as the club stands to make a massive bit of sell-on profit in the next few weeks if both these lads move on. Most folk said that waiving part of the development fee and negotiating 33% of McGinn's next move was a bit of a risk at the time but it's likely going to prove a worthwhile one.

Hopefully looking at around £1.5m - £2m if McGinn moves on, so a third of that and 10% of whatever McLean moves for will see us looking even more healthy financially.

18 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Anyone heard anything about a certain centre half possibly returning?

Are you talking about Harry Davis ? I asked JR the question at the Smisa night on Friday and he said "Harry will sign with a club down south , he won't play until late August at the earliest" ?

There is definitely a real good feel good factor about the club. Jack Ross has managed to give us all hope and some genuine belief for the first time in years.
On the issue of Rory Loy I've heard from some that the Bairns are offering him more cash than we are. Don't know how accurate this is but if true that's going to put you guys as front runners to get his signature. 

Rumours we apparently have a group of businesses funding it

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

If that's true, then fair enough. Whatever it takes. Gathering financial support like that can make all the difference. 

I'd be very disappointed if we miss out on Loy, but other strikers are available: I just hope we can find a good one who'll join us.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

He's got a young family to support in what is effectively a short career. So no complaints if his choice is a return to the Bairns with a better financial package.

Thats fitba, and we move on to the next target.

Indeed. I'll never wish Rory anything but all the best. Except against ourselves. 

His contribution from last season will keep him in high regard amongst our supporters. 

We move on to the next one. No basis or a rumour or anything but I'd like us to focus on Andy Ryan from Airdrie. This would obviously involve a transfer fee but his scoring record is difficult to overlook. 

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Really? Fucking non league? 

Absolutely ridiculous if that's the case but then I suppose that's what happens when you have recurring injuries to temper ability. 

Should certainly be playing higher level than English non league.