The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Gbud84 said:

You.coukd probably store this under the 'premature ejaculation' category but winning the league at home to morton on the 2nd last day of the season would be fucking glorious.

probably better stored in the 'book-marked' category.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

My gut feeling is Dundee are assessing Loy as Dundee are not falling over themselves in the striker department.  Going out and finding a replacement is no easy task for a top league side for that level. So .most probably i see Loy staying with Dundee. As regards Falkirk and ourselves cant imagine both clubs are  far away on salary structure so if Loy becomes available I'm confident St Mirren will be his team simply down to the Jack Ross factor. 

Jack Ross factor ?

3 months v 2 seasons under Houstie, 3 months where he wasn't an automatic starter.

Outside the Dundee situation of staying, sure it will come down to cash, and perhaps contract length. I think he will have more of an affinity with ourselves, having been at games after he has left and friends at the club, this goes for very little tho when your 27 with a family on a short playing career.

I can't see him giving up £1700 a week at Dundee and I can't see us taking that on. The ball is firmly in the hands of Dundee

I'd hope we are looking at more people up front than Loy.  I'd be perfectly happy if he signed but i wouldn't lose any sleep if he went to Falkirk.  As above that's a bit of a wage to give up and i doubt either Falkirk or Saints will match it

Loy is a proven scorer at this level though and when he was match fit he was excellent. Would rather we signed him than take a risk on a unknown.

No chance anyone will pay him that kind of money at this level so it's up to him and Dundee if they want to pay him off and he wants first team football or does he dig his heels in sit on the bench/in the stand for another season hoping for a chance to prove himself?

If it's about money surely he's better staying at Dundee.

Jack Ross factor ?
3 months v 2 seasons under Houstie, 3 months where he wasn't an automatic starter.
Outside the Dundee situation of staying, sure it will come down to cash, and perhaps contract length. I think he will have more of an affinity with ourselves, having been at games after he has left and friends at the club, this goes for very little tho when your 27 with a family on a short playing career.
I can't see him giving up £1700 a week at Dundee and I can't see us taking that on. The ball is firmly in the hands of Dundee

I loved his affinity towards your club when he celebrated in front of the Falkirk support when he scored the opening goal at the Falkirk stadium the last time the 2 sides met!

51 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Loy is a proven scorer at this level though and when he was match fit he was excellent. Would rather we signed him than take a risk on a unknown.

No chance anyone will pay him that kind of money at this level so it's up to him and Dundee if they want to pay him off and he wants first team football or does he dig his heels in sit on the bench/in the stand for another season hoping for a chance to prove himself?

If it's about money surely he's better staying at Dundee.

Jack Ross is not the type of manager to bring someone in to make up numbers don't you read interviews mate ? As for Loy yes would be good to have him in but it's not the end of the world if we don't. No doubt he will sign for us on the 4th of July when Dundee come down to play us. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Jack Ross factor ?

He was once he got over an injury problem and regained some match fitness.

56 minutes ago, Luther G Presley said:

I loved his affinity towards your club when he celebrated in front of the Falkirk support when he scored the opening goal at the Falkirk stadium the last time the 2 sides met!

Then tweeted after the game after to apologise explaining it certainly wasn't anything against Falkirk.

IF it's the same money on the table he will be playing in navy blue next season. He's supported the club in matches since leaving, spent 2 years here including a Scottish Cup final run and has the club to thank for taking the gamble on him to kick start his career again. Houstie was absolutely slated for signing him at first by Falkirk and opposition fans. Lets be honest though, money will be the decider and if he can't reach a pay off release agreement with Dundee he won't be playing for either of us.

29 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Then tweeted after the game after to apologise explaining it certainly wasn't anything against Falkirk.

IF it's the same money on the table he will be playing in navy blue next season. He's supported the club in matches since leaving, spent 2 years here including a Scottish Cup final run and has the club to thank for taking the gamble on him to kick start his career again. Houstie was absolutely slated for signing him at first by Falkirk and opposition fans. Lets be honest though, money will be the decider and if he can't reach a pay off release agreement with Dundee he won't be playing for either of us.

Is this turning into my garden is bigger than your garden. He also tweeted his time with us has been his most enjoyable time in football. He also lives 15min drive to our stadium & training ground, however best of all he gets free beans with his pie :)

37 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I'm surprised Houston got pelters for signing Loy when it was actually Gary Holt .

I don't know why footballers would feel the need to explain themselves to supporters of their old club for celebrating a goal. It's the folk that get angry about that shite that need to grow up.

Edited by GiGi

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I don't know why footballers would feel the need to explain themselves to supporters of their old club for celebrating a goal. It's the folk that get angry about that shite that need to grow up.

Exactly and there might be a complete meltdown from certain falkirk fans on here if he doesn't sign for them.  He'll never be allowed in Falkirk again considering his time there and his best pal there etc!!

Correct. In the same way that footballers who don't celebrate scoring a goal because they played for the opposition are attention seeking prima donnas.

At the end of the day, Loy will sign for whoever he feels is offering the best package for him. I'm quite confident that we could be more than competitive on that front against any side in this division save perhaps for Utd. 

Edited by djchapsticks

16 minutes ago, GnR989 said:

At least the kit is out. Looks alright. Would help if they didn't use big Yardley to model it

IMG_6344.JPG

Target audience in mind, fatties.