The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

26 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Cheers for that. Strong implication there that the Davis deal isn't happening, then.

I like the way Fowler talks, though; he comes across very well. When Barcelona do eventually come in for Ross, I'd be reasonably happy if Fowler was handed the reins.

27 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Who are the five out of contract players that have moved on? Gordon, Stewart, Webster (back as a coach) and who else?

Genuinely didn't know Webster was back as a coach. The other two are Hutton and Fjelde. 

45 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Genuinely didn't know Webster was back as a coach. The other two are Hutton and Fjelde. 

Hutton was paid off as I think was on a 2 year deal. It must be Fjelde. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Cheers for that. Strong implication there that the Davis deal isn't happening, then.

Agreed, seems like his wages (and O'Brien's) down south are too difficult to match. Think we might see some loan signings though. 

7 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Hutton was paid off as I think was on a 2 year deal. It must be Fjelde. 

Agreed, seems like his wages (and O'Brien's) down south are too difficult to match. Think we might see some loan signings though. 

Thanks. I took the figure of 5 from the Transfer Window thread on this forum and those were the 5 players released while the rest were loans that had expired. My sincerest apologies if any info in my article is factually wrong, that wasn't my intention. 

Edited by dafcburty

22 hours ago, Gbud84 said:

Why is it looking less and less likely?  What's changed in the last few days? JR has already stated that there may be a few signings he has to bide his time with and wait and see what's happening with their current clubs. Pretty obvious Rory Loy falls into this category.

I agree though that JR will have other targets he's  ready to explore as soon as he gets a final answer on RL 

Just a feeling mate. 

Would be glorious to get him back though. The Falkirk fans are working themselves into a frothy frenzy over on their thread whereas we've all gone a bit quiet about it now. The joy of us getting Loy back would be multiplied with the kick to the stones dished out to them. Part of me thinks we've already got an eye on another target though in the eventuality it doesn't pan out the way we'd like. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Got a left back you're willing to trade for Keith Watson?

We have Richard Ekersley as first choice with Gary Irvine and Super Stelious able to fill in at left back too.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have driven Watson back myself but he is no longer required! Handome chap but he's just not Stelious material....

Image result for stelios st mirren

Maybe your next signing?[emoji338]

Richard Jon Eckersley (born 12 March 1989) is an English footballer who plays as a full-back and currently a free agent after leaving Oldham Athletic.

Richard Eckersley
Richard Eckersley.JPG
Personal information
Full name Richard Jon Eckersley
Date of birth 12 March 1989 (age 28)
Place of birth Worsley, England[1]
Height 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Playing position Full-back
Youth career
2005–2007 Manchester United
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2007–2009 Manchester United 2 (0)
2009–2012 Burnley 0 (0)
2010 → Plymouth Argyle (loan) 7 (0)
2010–2011 → Bradford City (loan) 12 (0)
2011 → Bury (loan) 3 (0)
2011 → Toronto FC (loan) 23 (0)
2012–2013 Toronto FC 49 (0)
2014 New York Red Bulls 9 (0)
2015–2016 Oldham Athletic 4 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:34, 19 September 2015 (UTC).
Born in Worsley, Salford, Greater Manchester, Eckersley began his career with Manchester United before signing a four-year contract with Burnley in July 2009. After joining Burnley, he spent loan spells with Plymouth Argyle, Bradford City and Bury. He went on loan to Toronto FC in 2011 before making a permanent transfer to the club the following season.

You.coukd probably store this under the 'premature ejaculation' category but winning the league at home to morton on the 2nd last day of the season would be fucking glorious.

It's what dreams are made of.

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Just a feeling mate. 

Would be glorious to get him back though. The Falkirk fans are working themselves into a frothy frenzy over on their thread whereas we've all gone a bit quiet about it now. The joy of us getting Loy back would be multiplied with the kick to the stones dished out to them. Part of me thinks we've already got an eye on another target though in the eventuality it doesn't pan out the way we'd like. 

My gut feeling is Dundee are assessing Loy as Dundee are not falling over themselves in the striker department.  Going out and finding a replacement is no easy task for a top league side for that level. So .most probably i see Loy staying with Dundee. As regards Falkirk and ourselves cant imagine both clubs are  far away on salary structure so if Loy becomes available I'm confident St Mirren will be his team simply down to the Jack Ross factor. 

My gut feeling is Dundee are assessing Loy as Dundee are not falling over themselves in the striker department.  Going out and finding a replacement is no easy task for a top league side for that level. So .most probably i see Loy staying with Dundee. As regards Falkirk and ourselves cant imagine both clubs are  far away on salary structure so if Loy becomes available I'm confident St Mirren will be his team simply down to the Jack Ross factor. 

And yet he's on twitter this week with his good mate Lee Miller on a day out with the kids.

Could go either, or more likely neither, way TBH