The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Lewis has only had one full season of starting games, he needs to stay at least one or two more seasons while learning his trade before he moves. 

After losing Mallan we can't really afford to be selling our next best asset, as he's going to be vital to our chances next season.

fucking agents.

Morgan was absolutely super last season.

Even when most of the team were having stinkers, he was our only ray of light (well, maybe Mallan, but Morgan shone brighter).

After the transformation of the team in January he got even better.

And he was a big part of what made us such a joy to watch in the last few months.

Hope this is just agent talk, as would be gutted to lose him!

Thankfully he has two years of his contract remaining so unless the offer is simply too good to knock back, Lewis will be going nowhere as we're under no pressure to sell.

Few folk on Twitter saying the bidding club was Hibs. I'd be very surprised if they can come up with the money I'd imagine we'd be looking for much like the situation with Mallan and Dundee at this point last year.

Edited by djchapsticks

Archibald/Wright-> Aberdeen
Ross -> established top 6 club
Pretty straightforward stuff tbh. 

We've already got our next manager in place

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've already got our next manager in place

There is one chance of that , that being no chance. Fakes are no bigger than the real Saints so if Dundee the team he supported as a boy can't get him away from the real Saints you have no chance. 

Who will be your next gaffer?

Callum Davidson has been "mentored" for the role for a few years, even taking charge of the games when TW has been unavailable. I think he'll be the first option when Wright leaves. There's no chance we'd go after Ross.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Hawk, I have said often enough that he can probably do a job here but it didn't happen for us. Look at El Bak at Dundee. Hasn't really done much up there but try telling any Pars fans he's not a fantastic player. 

Also, St Mirren fans.. meet Hawk. Hawk... meet St Mirren. Hawk comes free with each Gavin Reilly that you sign. 

Nevermind meet Hawk, St Mirren posters can't get a word in edgeways with all you Dumpfermline numpty's

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

250k is a decent bid tbf. How much do you reckon St Mirren would sell for?

Not sure. It appears he only has a year left (I thought it was two) but he's clearly our star man and one we're desperate to cling to but rumours are he's being advised not to sign a new deal.

From the language used in the articles in Record and Sun websites (I know, I know), it appears that we completely palmed the second offer off out of hand without even so much as a counter-proposal and Fitzpatrick is in the paper saying that we don't want or need to sell him. Everyone of course has their price but my guess is that £250k is miles away from what we'd be willing to let him part for given how important he could be to our season and that he'd be difficult to replace.

Honestly, I'd have thought we'd have been sorely tempted by that amount into at least negotiating but it's a pleasant surprise to see that we're not.

Edited by djchapsticks

We're in a position that we can now turn down offers without worrying about him running down his contract. I think signing Jack up long term and keeping Morgan for at least this season will work out better than us accepting £200k for (probably) our best player.

Sell him for more than the figures being quoted though, and that'll be almost £1m banked in less than 6 months.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Thankfully he has two years of his contract remaining so unless the offer is simply too good to knock back, Lewis will be going nowhere as we're under no pressure to sell.

Few folk on Twitter saying the bidding club was Hibs. I'd be very surprised if they can come up with the money I'd imagine we'd be looking for much like the situation with Mallan and Dundee at this point last year.

Lewis has 1 year left on his deal.

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, that's the fella. The one we're looking at doesn't seem to have have played much 1st team football... anywhere, tbh.

Yeah, very inexperienced but he's apparently one of a number of targets that were looking at according to James Fowler.

A defensive midfielder was the position I'd mentioned I'd like to focus on us getting a bit of cover in (presuming that Loy at CF and Davis at CB are our two main targets) and that appears to be his preferred position.

Edited by djchapsticks

11 hours ago, McG said:

Lewis has 1 year left on his deal.

Turns out he signed a years extension until 2019 on 4th August last year and most folk missed it. :lol:

Apologies for shitty formatting of picture. Wouldn't let me paste original directly so had to screenshot a screenshot. 

Screenshot_2017-06-14-08-03-26.thumb.png.c1b1b13acdb7e59975f4e02319839218.png

Edited by djchapsticks