The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Who is Kyle Gunn?

He's a lad who's trying to forge a career as a reporter. Loves Saints; very enthusiastic. He's obviously doing a good job of getting closer to the club as he broke that news last night.

He's a wheelchair user - I think he was the guy who was in a lot of the pictures when the raised disabled viewing area was opened.

He's a lad who's trying to forge a career as a reporter. Loves Saints; very enthusiastic. He's obviously doing a good job of getting closer to the club as he broke that news last night.
He's a wheelchair user - I think he was the guy who was in a lot of the pictures when the raised disabled viewing area was opened.

Cheers CS.

Jack Ross saying that there will more thank likely be another signing on Monday (Gavin Reilly by all accounts) and that he's looking at another 'two or three' that he's willing to be patient with in order to land after that including another forward.

Presumably of the three, Loy is the other forward and Harry Davis is another that we're still trying to negotiate with. So following that, the third man I'd imagine will be some cover for holding mid or a wide right sided attacker to accommodate Magennis presumably moving into the middle of the park.

Has Rocco Quinn still got another year?

He does.

I quite like Rocco, but he's had a torrid time with injuries. Good player to have on the bench though.

I'm happy enough with Rocco, McGinn, and Whyte being our holding mid options.

5 hours ago, ulysses said:

He does.

I quite like Rocco, but he's had a torrid time with injuries. Good player to have on the bench though.

I'm happy enough with Rocco, McGinn, and Whyte being our holding mid options.

Good player but an absolute liability in terms of injuries. I'd rather we get rid and have someone coming in who is going to be available.

Rumours growing stronger that Harry Davis is coming back. 

Amazing signing if it works out, and worth the risk given his current injury, imo. If we were going into a Premier League season with Stelios, Davis, Gary Mac and Eckersley, I'd be feeling pretty comfortable. Great for this level.

Edited by Coventry Saint

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:19, Coventry Saint said:

It's looking like Stelios is away. He came, he saw, he fucked the Ton, and he went.

Here 's the man himself putting two Ton defenders on their arse while casually slotting home.

DR51LA.gif

Extremely good news!

Also an excuse to bump this magnificent goal back to the top of the thread.

May there be many more humiliations of the same ilk handed out next season.:thumsup2

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Good player but an absolute liability in terms of injuries. I'd rather we get rid and have someone coming in who is going to be available.

I think with Quinn though that Ross might rate him. He was never fit last season, but was starting every week regardless out of necessity. A lot of our losses came from the midfield falling apart when he inevitably had to be subbed after 60 mins. He seemed to be back in the fold at the end of the season having been given time to get over his injuries and he looked to certainly be above guys like Storie and Fjelde in the pecking order.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Been singing the stelios song all fuckin day - can't get it out my head. What's the original called?

This Girl - Kungs & Cookin' on 3 burners 

I bet we wouldn't stand in John Sutton's way if he wanted to leave.  I'm still confident (based on nothing) that we'll get Loy.

I'd like to see a DM/CM come in, still, to give us 4-2-3-1 as an option, and to provide cover for McGinn the rest of the time.

And the 'Davis to return' rumours won't go away - and seem to be coming from credible sources. 

So, Davis, Loy and a CM, and I think that'll be our business done unless Celtic have a gifted right winger they want to loan us. 

Edited by Coventry Saint