The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 5/29/2017 at 18:41, Tri-TON said:

The ultimate melt-down when Jack Ross goes to Densemoji23.pngemoji23.png

20 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

Jack Ross resigns, STV Twitter reports.

56 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

St.Mirren fans seem quite happy that he isn't leaving but Dundee still haven't announced their new gaffer, I'd hold off until then.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Could be worse, we could have this habitual loser in charge.

Image result for peter houston

Thank you.

Funny that. The habitual loser managed to win the Scottish cup exactly 100 years after you last did.  I would say not having won that since 1909-10 was habitually losing.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This. All the best St Mirren, hope you pump the dabs. Thank you.

We'll do our best :wub:

What a relief, I was completely resigned to losing him only yesterday. Someone mentioned that a lot of guys had signed due to his influence, another mentioned how he'd asked for the fans' loyalty and patience, perhaps this is his repayment. We can only speculate what was the main motivation behind his decision for now, I reckon he's holding out for a bigger job down the line and three clubs within such a short space of time doesn't look particularly good either, especially if it went Pete Tong at Dens.

If Jack continues his good work next season it won't be long until a Hibs or Hearts come in for him, which would be dissapointing but it is inevitable. Let's enjoy it for now, especially now we've experienced that horrible draining feeling of him potentially leaving.

Having a half-decent promising manager is a bizzare feeling.

I reckon Nelms would have went to Spain to speak to Jack Ross and assess a few other options.
If McCann never said no, then we'd have been simply assessing our options until he'd decided so that we had a plan. If McCann had said no and done a U-turn, then we'd have been pursuing Ross (Possibly amongst others) and then dropped interest once McCann got back to us.
The board made no secret that McCann was our number one choice, just a bit surprised after the initial announcement that he'd 'left as interim manager' statement that he's back.

I reckon......stopped reading.

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Could be worse, we could have this habitual loser in charge.

Image result for peter houston

Thank you.

You must be due an administration again shortly been a while since the last one 

11 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

We'll do our best :wub:

What a relief, I was completely resigned to losing him only yesterday. Someone mentioned that a lot of guys had signed due to his influence, another mentioned how he'd asked for the fans' loyalty and patience, perhaps this is his repayment. We can only speculate what was the main motivation behind his decision for now, I reckon he's holding out for a bigger job down the line and three clubs within such a short space of time doesn't look particularly good either, especially if it went Pete Tong at Dens.

If Jack continues his good work next season it won't be long until a Hibs or Hearts come in for him, which would be dissapointing but it is inevitable. Let's enjoy it for now, especially now we've experienced that horrible draining feeling of him potentially leaving.

Having a half-decent promising manager is a bizzare feeling.

Hearts can't be classed as a big team as long as the Boy Wonder Cathro is in charge.

Once they actually employ a football manager they might become a big club again.

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, that must have been a great night to be a falkirk fan.

Your initial comment was about houston not falkirk. Your now changing the subject after having made an arse of your original statement.

I'm done with this Fundesliga forum. Shove yer club and yer manager up yer arse, a Derry Legend has returned!

on a side note, all the best against they filthy dayglo c***s next season.....if they're still around that is. 

Derry Rhumba 

Edited by Yenitit

Our board has played yet another blinder. Hopefully our pursuit of Ross has panicked Gordon Scott enough into giving Ross a bigger budget to keep United down and we get our first choice who probably reduced his wage demands when he seen we were after Ross.

Win win for all lads, except the DABs.

Peter Houston :lol:

Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread and I'm a bit sad the saga has come to an end. I'd like to thank both the sane and the not so sane St Mirren fans for their stellar contributions. 

You have to hand it to John Nelms and Neil McCann though for their elaborate ploy to get a fellow Dee off the minimum wage and at the same time get him a bigger budget to help him keep the dabs doon.

We got our man and you got yours so it was a win-win for everyone. Especially for us though when Ross gives us £100k for Rory Loy.

Thank you.

Eta: Fuckin hell Ludo , you've made me look like a plagiarising c**t.

Edited by Dee Man