The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Quite possible. And St Mirren can announce it whenever they like. The point I was making though is Reilly being officially still on loan to Dunfermline until 9th June is not a reason not to announce it if it's all agreed.

Fair point. He'll do a job for us you'd think given his form in his last 2 years down your way. 

Edited by andymcg1877

The 'journalism' on this whole subject from both sides of the country has been unsurprisingly quite a shambles to say the least. He's still just as likely to be unveiled at Dens by the end of the week as he was yesterday despite the bookies raising the odds. I mean, did I see someone mention Alex Rae being favourite for the post with some outlet? You'd be better off slapping a tenner on Mixu getting the job.

If anything at least the past 20 pages or so have been excellent reading.

10 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

The 'journalism' on this whole subject from both sides of the country has been unsurprisingly quite a shambles to say the least. He's still just as likely to be unveiled at Dens by the end of the week as he was yesterday despite the bookies raising the odds. I mean, did I see someone mention Alex Rae being favourite for the post with some outlet? You'd be better off slapping a tenner on Mixu getting the job.

If anything at least the past 20 pages or so have been excellent reading.

Yip 20 pages in and I've still seen no.clear cut evidence that he's either staying or going. Loads of mibbaes aye mibbaes no.

Dundonians should stick with the Broons ,and what's all the rustling in the background 

Oh it's Sons fans opening sweeties and cheering the Dee

Big Buchanan must be some player if they are that upset.

All these billy big baws make me laugh.

Could both Dundee teams be in admin by the start of 17/18 season,that would be good

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yip 20 pages in and I've still seen no.clear cut evidence that he's either staying or going. Loads of mibbaes aye mibbaes no.

Yep. And the absence of evidence either way points towards the status quo remaining, you'd assume.

In all seriousness, 

Hats off to Jack Ross, you do not see many managers sticking around these days when the option of moving to a bigger club (the one you support) in a higher league for more wedge comes up. He clearly wants to have a crack at the Championship. Fair play, best of luck to him and St Mirren.

28 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yep. And the absence of evidence either way points towards the status quo remaining, you'd assume.

I stopped assuming anything in football years ago. As soon as you do that you tend to get kicked in the balls.

1 hour ago, Luther G Presley said:

Alex Rae is the bookies favourite now to be The new Dundee manager, I reckon they must know something, good luck with that one emoji28.png

I can exclusively reveal it won't be Alex Rae.

Ross will leave at some point and probably in the not-too-distant future either.

However many players have signed solely because Ross is the guy that signed them. Some taking a pay cut. They would be mighty pissed off if he walked out even before the first training session. And 3 clubs in under 12 months? Not too good for your reputation. Ross preached loyalty, trust and backing and the fans and players gave him that in spade loads. To then walk away would have caused more upset than any other manager leaving since Fergie. GS gave him carte blanche to do what was necessary (resulting in a 20 player turnover mid season) when he appointed an untried full-time manager - a huge risk that could have gone tits up. Jack has done the honourable thing by staying for now. When a big club comes calling we know he will be away but I do not now envisage that until maybe this time next year.

Best of luck to Dundee on their new appointment. And I do not blame you for trying.