The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He either goes or they seem to think they have to fling money at him to stay. Same manager but costing a he'll of a lot more.

Not bothered at all. Allegedly he was on a poor salary to begin with and we have brought in a fair whack of cash recently so a wage increase is ok and in fact well deserved.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As said surely u would tell your assistant what needs done and then go on holiday. Fowler is experienced enough to sort everything out whilst he gets a few days peace on holiday.

Yo be honest if my manager was wanting to sign Gavin Reilly I'd drive him to Dundee myself.

Gavin Reilly has a very good scoring record against Falkirk. :P

Why would Dundee fans have a meltdown over not getting a manager who's never achieved anything to prove himself.

He was my preferred choice, but if we don't get him I definitely won't lose any sleep over it.

Calm yourselves right down.

20 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Why would Dundee fans have a meltdown over not getting a manager who's never achieved anything to prove himself.

He was my preferred choice, but if we don't get him I definitely won't lose any sleep over it.

Jim Duffy is your man. 

So that's it confirmed then because the Daily Record and some no-mark at the BBC said so? 

If I was a St Mirren fan I think I would have prefer to have had it confirmed by Jack Ross in no uncertain terms in his statement, but each to their own.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

So that's it confirmed then because the Daily Record and some no-mark at the BBC said so? 

If I was a St Mirren fan I think I would have prefer to have had it confirmed by Jack Ross in no uncertain terms in his statement, but each to their own.

Most of the no marks were spouting utter nonsense in the local Dundee press. 

The guy who posted on twitter from the Courier saying Ross was going to triple his wage was my personal favourite.

37 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Two things on this...

1. Reckon whatever way this ends up, Loy will not be at Saints next year.

2. If Ross stays will virginton be able to handle two such humiliating setbacks over such a short period of time?  Only just looked at this thread, and started at Page 32. No idea what was happening earlier, but VT's posts look pretty much identical to those for all but the last few weeks of the Saints relegation thread.  Will the poor moron never learn.

Stage 3

15 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Morton fans still jumping up and down like the annoying kid in class that has to be heard. I think the phrase used is "scrambling for relevance" when's the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new turnstile?

Stages 2 & 3.

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As said surely u would tell your assistant what needs done and then go on holiday. Fowler is experienced enough to sort everything out whilst he gets a few days peace on holiday.

Yo be honest if my manager was wanting to sign Gavin Reilly I'd drive him to Dundee myself.

If he's snubbed Dundee it's obviously not down to money so why bother paying him more when u don't have to.

Think this is about right there are plenty of reasons not to sign for Dundee. 

Gavin Reilly, Meh, no doubt he'll be cheap and better than hardie or shankland

So why would you want a manager who has never proved or achieved anything?

I love the fact that St Mirren fans are trying to dish out some 'GIUY' when Dundee fans were all just laughing at the meltdown the St Mirren collective had, you guys really made Ross joining us or not (as seems to be the case) a secondary matter.

To be honest, I'd hope this is the end of our chase for Ross as time is ticking and our squad needs sorted. If you told me that this would rumble on for another week or so and we'd get Ross at the end of it, I'd respectfully decline as time is of the essence now even if Ross was my first choice.