The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I read somewhere JR is on holiday. I'd imagine if he is interested then he will be in touch with the club at some point today.

6 minutes ago, elvis said:

Fully expect him to be gone by end of the week. That statement is a joke.

FFS . Scott and Ross are pretty close. Do you think Scott released that statement without having a wee chat with Ross first? If Ross was interested that that statement would not have been released. Its diplomatic so as not to hurt Dundee's feelings that JR is not interested (as they are a wee club).

1 minute ago, Bazil85 said:

Trying to have a sensible conversation with a Morton fan is like trying to talk ethics to a 2 year old, pointless. So that squad with 10 new players in January that lost 2 games in 14 is only good enough to finish 7th? No impact from the previous players hangover?  only a delusional Morton fan would judge them over the whole season. Especially when they ended with 1 win in 12 in absolute freefall taking 700 fans to the biggest game they've had in a generation hahahahaha

Considering the kick-off time and distance to travel it was a decent number. All supporters buses had to leave before most people had finished work.

FFS . Scott and Ross are pretty close. Do you think Scott released that statement without having a wee chat with Ross first? If Ross was interested that that statement would not have been released. Its diplomatic so as not to hurt Dundee's feelings that JR is not interested (as they are a wee club).

You are absolutely rattled.

Surely if Scott had spoken to Ross (as many on here have said happened) then it would be easy to put a line in that statement saying so? It reads like Ross hasn't been consulted.

My thoughts exactly I would bet he's gone by Friday.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Far too rational for a St Mirren fan. 

You're supposed to be sifting through our accounts and telling us Ross won't go to Dens because the Derry doesn't have a sit down toilet.

Nowhere near enough time on my hands for that pish m8 

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

No it was a mate who sent a text with the info. im still recovering from the fact that he actually buys that paper to be honest.:P

I cannot find anything about Ross wanting to speak to Dundee.

In fact the most recent story in the Record (on-line) about JR is that he is wanting to sign Gavin Reilly (last night 8:30pm)

Edited by NorthBank

The DR has a piece about Dundee's interest and Saints telling them to forget it. Gordon Parks then wrote "Ross is keen to speak to the club where he spent time as a player at the start of his career - and would make Dunfermline youth coach John Potter part of a new Dens Park backroom team."

Of course, there are absolutely no quotes to back this up so it's completely unsubstantiated at this point.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

10 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I cannot find anything about Ross wanting to speak to Dundee.

In fact the most recent story in the Record (on-line) about JR is that he is wanting to sign Gavin Reilly (last night 8:30pm)

Im not buying a Daily Record to confirm this info.....:P

Jack Ross probably hasn't had a break since this time last year.  He would have had to be working all hours through December/Jan to do the transfers he did and the last fortnight has probably been the first time he has had to catch breath.  Now his phone will be ringing constantly!  It's an occupational hazard I guess but I kind of feel sorry for him.

Relieved to see JR (apparently) wants Potter as his No. 2.  :toilet

Really don't think the club has the time to wait until JR returns from holiday with potential targets stalling and perhaps signing elsewhere, as ever on these occasions if it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well It were done quickly.

No sunbed for JR till it's sorted one way or t'other! B)

If & when he goes JF or Hartley in that order,

Edited by btb

Funny story@div

Went to donate my charity bet to the accord hospice just giving page but the last person to donate has donated the exact specific value that I was going to donate.

Just find it strange as I was planning to donate an extra pound for every season morton have finished ahead of St mirren, and was going to donate an extra penny for every point Morton finished above St Mirren this season, but he got there first.

17d41f5f6a5188e58f9312f3cb734ec1.jpg

6 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Funny story@div

Went to donate my charity bet to the accord hospice just giving page but the last person to donate has donated the exact specific value that I was going to donate.

Just find it strange as I was planning to donate an extra pound for every season morton have finished ahead of St mirren, and was going to donate an extra penny for every point Morton finished above St Mirren this season, but he got there first.

17d41f5f6a5188e58f9312f3cb734ec1.jpg

So... we still need proof of your donation M8.