Who has been your best players in this seasons West Region Super Premier Division?

Nugent4nil

Over the last week I have gathered submissions from the twelve current clubs, a member of management from each side has nominated their top players they have faced in the league this season, keeper, defender, midfielder, and forward. All of these players selected have been given 5 points. Also the twitter accounts or in some case players from nine of the twelve have also did likewise, those players will receive two points.

The vote is now open to all and it’s basically a point a vote and we will reveal the Super Premier League team of the year on next Thursday nights Nugent4nil show.

If your favourite player isn’t on it don’t blame me the players in the poll are those selected by the 23 people who nominated.

Please note this is 100% unofficial and regards the rules your about to read, there not changing!

Thanks to all who gave their nominations and apologies for the spelling errors I am bound to have made,

To vote please use the following link, 

https://app.easyquest.com/en/Collect/3e278688-40fd-4b7a-abaa-97753efc0536

Link updated! 

NOW CLOSED FOR VOTES

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will take the results with a pinch of salt as everybody just votes for their own players.

Whoever nominated Steven Wilson of Talbot was trolling you.

Interesting that Talbot are the only team with three forwards nominated yet are the lowest scorers in the league

Good point coyote. Shankland has hardly started a match, Milliken couldn't score into an open goal from 3 yards he's that bad. It's been no secret that tucker is desperate for a goalscorer. So why those 2 are on it for there efforts this season is wrong in my opinion. McCann at the glens has done more than those 2.

My favourites this season

Own team Green, Sawyers, Gallacher, Mackenzie

Others from what i have seen read heard

David Gray, Darren Christie, Forde Kilbirnie, Anson Cumnock, McGarrity Glenafton, Anderson Kilbirnie.

9 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Will take the results with a pinch of salt as everybody just votes for their own players.

Whoever nominated Steven Wilson of Talbot was trolling you.

Interesting that Talbot are the only team with three forwards nominated yet are the lowest scorers in the league

The person who nominated him is a current super league manager, I think there are a few nominated on past seasons performances rather than the current season if I am honest, regards voting for your own players, the original votes and nominations that carry the major points stipulated that you couldn't nominate anyone from your own team. To make a point on that Adam Forsyth was selected, in his own words, he was rotten this season but was outstanding last, its difficult sometimes to remember a player from opposing sides but a performance sticks out and you think it was this but it was last season, just a thought?

I know this poll is light hearted and don't mean to make fun of your efforts. I know the nominations came from managers/coaches etc but now it is opened up to the public that's when fans vote for their own players. We know that when a thread such as best goalkeeper in the Juniors is started people just say their teams goalkeeper. Most of whom are not the best goalkeeper in their own street never mind the Juniors.

As for Steven Wilson, I have been to most Talbot games this season and can't remember any game when he was man of the match or played well enough to really impress an opposition manager.

Anyway I know the above probably reinforces your view of me being grumpy but good luck with your radio show (I do actually listen to it) and this poll

Haha brilliant! OK I wont go into all but who do you think is the, sorry who has been the best keeper in the super league this year? Personally as an Arthurlie man I think Hay is top drawer....  3 current leaders in the poll are Longmuir, Leishman, and Grindlay in no particular order and Hay is in the top four at present. I personally voted for Strain at the Buffs on the strength of his performances against Arthurlie in the Scottish and West where he was outstanding, and great banter!

All will be revealed this coming Thursday, after that I have free spaces if you fancy coming along?

Based on performances against Talbot Longmuir is the best goalkeeper. I think he won the Pollok forum man of the match award 3 times this season, all of them against Talbot.

Thanks for the offer for the show but I finish work too late and live too far away to make it on time

Haha brilliant! OK I wont go into all but who do you think is the, sorry who has been the best keeper in the super league this year? Personally as an Arthurlie man I think Hay is top drawer....  3 current leaders in the poll are Longmuir, Leishman, and Grindlay in no particular order and Hay is in the top four at present. I personally voted for Strain at the Buffs on the strength of his performances against Arthurlie in the Scottish and West where he was outstanding, and great banter!
All will be revealed this coming Thursday, after that I have free spaces if you fancy coming along?

I agree with top 3 goalies I'd be biased if I picked big shay but I'd just take andy Leishman just infront of other 2

37 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Based on performances against Talbot Longmuir is the best goalkeeper. I think he won the Pollok forum man of the match award 3 times this season, all of them against Talbot.

Thanks for the offer for the show but I finish work too late and live too far away to make it on time

We can do my fist pre record in that case ;)

My  team based on what i have witnessed / heard / read. 4-3-3

Brian McGarrity Gk Glenafton

Connor McGlinchey RB beith

Danny McKenzie LB Rob Roy

Kevin Green CB Rob Roy

Craig Menzies CB Glenafton

David Gray Mid Glenafton

David Anderson Mid Kilbirnie

Gary McCann  Mid Pollok

Willie Sawyers Fwd Rob Roy

Darren Christie Fwd Beith

Adam Forde Fwd Kilbirnie

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

My  team based on what i have witnessed / heard / read. 4-3-3

Brian McGarrity Gk Glenafton

Connor McGlinchey RB beith

Danny McKenzie LB Rob Roy

Kevin Green CB Rob Roy

Craig Menzies CB Glenafton

David Gray Mid Glenafton

David Anderson Mid Kilbirnie

Gary McCann  Mid Pollok

Willie Sawyers Fwd Rob Roy

Darren Christie Fwd Beith

Adam Forde Fwd Kilbirnie

Not far off my team of the season either. Ryan McChesney for Glenafton has been outstanding this season and would have to be in my team. Other than that looks good to me

Archived