Fixtures

Kennie

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Euzi said:

The play off games will be played before both leagues have been completed. Only in the West!!

If the participants are decided though surely its best to get them played. If he had waited until the leagues were finished he would get criticised for that as well

...but still no sign of the missing AWP SF2, which really did ought to be listed for Saturday 3rd, as I mentioned in my earlier post.

Beith can't play on the 3rd they asked for a free week months ago as they have a club night out in liverpool

Beith can't play on the 3rd they asked for a free week months ago as they have a club night out in liverpool

Hopefully requests like this would be 100% denied in the future. Supposed to be a professional league.
Kennie what is in your manifesto for this?

8 hours ago, classof2010 said:

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Hopefully requests like this would be 100% denied in the future. Supposed to be a professional league.

Kennie what is in your manifesto for this?

Do away with the nonsensical Evening Times Cup and it wouldn't be a problem.

If Glenafton beat Girvan in that, then the two AWP semis can be played on the same date. But if Girvan win, what then?

Too many cups and last-minute fixture scheduling - the long term answer should be obvious.

It will be revealing that is for sure.
Or if he is a politician blank me.

I'd love a full fixture list but with weather and cup replays plus teams playing in senior Scottish it's not viable beith have asked for 1 free Saturday in each of last 2 seasons last year they got 4 before Christmas

Organise the fixtures properly & we'd all be finished by 3rd June, same as every other league.

Then club's can schedule team trips far in advance no problem!

I think a season worth of fixtures would be chaos but we defo need a better structure to them scottish cup postponements and replays logistically is the biggest problem for a full fixture list

So if Girvan win the AWP QF on Wednesday 31st and the ET SF on Wednesday 7th, the Girvan v Beith AWP SF would probably have to be squeezed in on Monday 12th.

Yeah that's the only way it can be done don't think it will come to that I don't see them beating cumnock

10 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Months ago ? obviously knew they weren't going to reach the final of the junior cup then.

Just back from my wee break and it seems there is a few issues I have to answer. But first I'd like to apologise to Rinty Doyle if you felt that I had subjected you to a 'RANT'. I thought that I had read out from my prepared script quite calmly. I did receive the best of order from the delegates and was able to put my question across without any interruption and therefore never needed to raise my voice to get my point heard. My integrity and character was called into question through the issue of scurrilous remarks made via the minutes issued to all 64 clubs in the region. If you consider the fact that I never got an answer, explanation or retraction, I thought I acted with restraint and respect towards everyone.

On the subject of me raising the original post on this topic, the fact of the matter is that I had hoped to conduct my campaign without it becoming personal but the slur on my character and suitability meant that I considered that the 'gloves' were off and I felt I was within my rights to highlight the handling of the remaining fixtures.

I accept that there will be some people that think I might not be suitable, but I hope that if elected that I can win them over. It is my aim to change the way we do things. I will aim to make it a better system for all clubs, and I think the key to that is more transparency with explanations of decisions, but more importantly, better communication. Better communication, not just with the club delegates or secretaries, but with the fans, the supporters, the paying customer. Let's give them more than 3 or 4 days notice of a game coming up.

The Reconstruction proposal does not concern me, I have my own thoughts and opinions on it, but as I'm not connected with a club any longer, it would not be appropriate for me to comment on it. The club's will chose to accept it or reject it, my job would be to issue fixtures for whatever system is in place whether that be 5 leagues or 4. One thing is certain though and that is that immaterial to the league set-up, something has to be done with regards the cup competitions. My aim there would be to instigate proper discussions with all relevant parties to bring about suitable change.

Am I the right person for the job?

I believe I am. I am confident that I can bring about change. I believe that by doing things differently I can deliver. The fact that I am prepared to use Pie & Bovril, where I know my every move and decision will be scrutinised, should prove to you that I am prepared to put my head on the block and have my comments thrust right back at me if I don't deliver.

For me it's a choice between sticking your head in the sand and hoping that things get better or sticking your head above the parapet and voting for someone that will promise you change for the better.

Just back from my wee break and it seems there is a few issues I have to answer. But first I'd like to apologise to Rinty Doyle if you felt that I had subjected you to a 'RANT'. I thought that I had read out from my prepared script quite calmly. I did receive the best of order from the delegates and was able to put my question across without any interruption and therefore never needed to raise my voice to get my point heard. My integrity and character was called into question through the issue of scurrilous remarks made via the minutes issued to all 64 clubs in the region. If you consider the fact that I never got an answer, explanation or retraction, I thought I acted with restraint and respect towards everyone.
On the subject of me raising the original post on this topic, the fact of the matter is that I had hoped to conduct my campaign without it becoming personal but the slur on my character and suitability meant that I considered that the 'gloves' were off and I felt I was within my rights to highlight the handling of the remaining fixtures.
I accept that there will be some people that think I might not be suitable, but I hope that if elected that I can win them over. It is my aim to change the way we do things. I will aim to make it a better system for all clubs, and I think the key to that is more transparency with explanations of decisions, but more importantly, better communication. Better communication, not just with the club delegates or secretaries, but with the fans, the supporters, the paying customer. Let's give them more than 3 or 4 days notice of a game coming up.
The Reconstruction proposal does not concern me, I have my own thoughts and opinions on it, but as I'm not connected with a club any longer, it would not be appropriate for me to comment on it. The club's will chose to accept it or reject it, my job would be to issue fixtures for whatever system is in place whether that be 5 leagues or 4. One thing is certain though and that is that immaterial to the league set-up, something has to be done with regards the cup competitions. My aim there would be to instigate proper discussions with all relevant parties to bring about suitable change.
Am I the right person for the job?
I believe I am. I am confident that I can bring about change. I believe that by doing things differently I can deliver. The fact that I am prepared to use Pie & Bovril, where I know my every move and decision will be scrutinised, should prove to you that I am prepared to put my head on the block and have my comments thrust right back at me if I don't deliver.
For me it's a choice between sticking your head in the sand and hoping that things get better or sticking your head above the parapet and voting for someone that will promise you change for the better.

I don't know you personally but to but your head on the block on here is enough for me I hope you get elected as for fixtures problems is more a problem than reconstruction imo

Archived