Fixtures

Kennie

I read what he said perfectly well what I'm saying could it not all be dealt with in 1 go...

You may be reading it perfectly well, but you're clearly not understanding it. It can't be done in one go, because nobody has proposed it for this year's AGM, and the deadline has passed. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man who started this thread has once again lit the blue touch paper then just sat back and watched everybody else squabble over it,, begs the question is he the answer to the problem.

You may be reading it perfectly well, but you're clearly not understanding it. It can't be done in one go, because nobody has proposed it for this year's AGM, and the deadline has passed. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

And I said it was an opinion how much clearer can that be I also said under these conditions I couldn't support a 16 team league again that is an opinion

Just now, geo 1909 said:

The man who started this thread has once again lit the blue touch paper then just sat back and watched everybody else squabble over it,, begs the question is he the answer to the problem.

Was hoping he would be the answer however like yourself I've got major doubts sadly . 

9 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

I'm giving an opinion your ridiculing it you seem to be in the know so surely you have inside knowledge into the vote is it just needs 33 votes to pass or is a certain percentage for change

Simple majority. The precise number depends on attendance & if anyone abstains.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Neither do I but I will continue to try to respond to any meaningful comments

3 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

And I said it was an opinion how much clearer can that be I also said under these conditions I couldn't support a 16 team league again that is an opinion

Feel free not to support it, I doubt whether that will affect the vote.

Interestingly, the SOSL will have 16 teams next season, plus umpteen cup competitions. Wonder how they'll manage, poor things?

1 hour ago, archieb said:

Interestingly, the SOSL will have 16 teams next season, plus umpteen cup competitions. Wonder how they'll manage, poor things?

Start late July.

Fixturelist.

No autumn 'holiday weekends'.

No sectional cup.

Cups postponements don't have "priority".

Use floodlights :o...

8 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Is it only a choice between status quo and 4 region-wide divisions of 16?

No compromise option of...

16  16

...?

FFS not you too!! There is no mechanism for a compromise option, just the motion, existing amendments and the status quo!!

That split 3rd tier was the setup suggested in the first set of proposals put out for consultation but it got almost zero support and raised a lot of of objections from the clubs.

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Start late July.

No autumn 'holiday weekends'.

No sectional cup.

Cups postponements don't have "priority".

Use floodlights :o...

Nooo. How on earth did they come up with a brilliant idea like that?:P

1 hour ago, geo 1909 said:

In short, NO. 

The same person did himself no favours with his rant at the last West Region meeting and while it's generally accepted that change is  inevitable, this man is not the solution.

1 hour ago, Rinty Doyle said:

In short, NO. 

The same person did himself no favours with his rant at the last West Region meeting and while it's generally accepted that change is  inevitable, this man is not the solution.

That's very unfair to call it a rant.

Kennie had a legitimate complaint regarding what I believe were scandalously inappropriate comments about him published in 2 sets of West Region management minutes.

He calmly, clearly and firmly stated his case to the meeting but received no redress.

I commend him for his restraint as if I'd been in his shoes I'd have been fuming and probably gone ballistic at the arrogance of the dismissive response he got from the politburo (one in particular).

As to whether Kennie is "the solution" I do not know enough to have a clear opinion. One thing for sure though is that there IS a problem, and the problem certainly isn't him!!

I read what he said perfectly well what I'm saying could it not all be dealt with in 1 go who is to say they will defo scrap the Cups there is to be a discussion on it nowhere has it said they will be scrapped my biggest fear is the cvottish cup dates in the worst of the weather and they still getting precidence. If we had reconstruction and cups rejig at same time then I'm sure you wud get a clear win for 16 team leagues

Here's a suggestion - if you're agreed that a 16 team league could be the way forward but with changes to cup competitions, pass that to your club representatives. Ask them to vote for the league changes at this years AGM, then lobby for the cup changes next year.

Your opinion isn't wrong, it's just an opinion. But do it this way & it can make a difference!

That's very unfair to call it a rant.
Kennie had a legitimate complaint regarding what I believe were scandalously inappropriate comments about him published in 2 sets of West Region management minutes.
He calmly, clearly and firmly stated his case to the meeting but received no redress.
I commend him for his restraint as if I'd been in his shoes I'd have been fuming and probably gone ballistic at the arrogance of the dismissive response he got from the politburo (one in particular).
As to whether Kennie is "the solution" I do not know enough to have a clear opinion. One thing for sure though is that there IS a problem, and the problem certainly isn't him!!

I don't know either of them well enough to be a character reference for either to be honest, but if the region votes through the fixture changes then it will matter considerably less who the individual is.

This proposal is absolutely vital to the future of the Juniors for me.

I don't know either of them well enough to be a character reference for either to be honest, but if the region votes through the fixture changes then it will matter considerably less who the individual is.

This proposal is absolutely vital to the future of the Juniors for me.

I see where you are coming from but it's ok saying get the league reconstruction I don't think the top league needs 16 teams again that's my opinion the lower leagues with less cup games defo need it for income I like the 12 team league and would probably said definitely to 14 teams it's ok saying canvas for cup changes the following year what happens if we go to 16 teams then there is no change to the Cups the following year all it takes is 1 bad winter and we are playing til middle of July or playing 4 games a week in may and June as at the moment we are playing to middle of June without shoe Horning another 8 games in il give Auchinleck as an example 4 weeks ago they were slight favourites for league in Scottish cup final quarters of West and quarters of ayrshire they then had a horrible amount of fixtures now they have lost the league out of the west 2nd favourites in my eyes for scottish cup and still in Ayrshire just think how bad it would be with another 8 league games what about the players who have jobs as well as playing football what do they think of reconstruction

I see where you are coming from but it's ok saying get the league reconstruction I don't think the top league needs 16 teams again that's my opinion the lower leagues with less cup games defo need it for income I like the 12 team league and would probably said definitely to 14 teams it's ok saying canvas for cup changes the following year what happens if we go to 16 teams then there is no change to the Cups the following year all it takes is 1 bad winter and we are playing til middle of July or playing 4 games a week in may and June as at the moment we are playing to middle of June without shoe Horning another 8 games in il give Auchinleck as an example 4 weeks ago they were slight favourites for league in Scottish cup final quarters of West and quarters of ayrshire they then had a horrible amount of fixtures now they have lost the league out of the west 2nd favourites in my eyes for scottish cup and still in Ayrshire just think how bad it would be with another 8 league games what about the players who have jobs as well as playing football what do they think of reconstruction

I'm talking about the fixture list proposal, not the reconstruction. They are separate proposals.

I'm a great believer on change, but I think the stumbling block for a 16 team league will come up against opposition from the more established and successful sides who can only see more backlog of fixtures. In my view the league's would work and so would the cups if they were severely seeded. If you want to keep the trophies then seed the competitions so the Premier clubs enter the competitions as late as possible. Only my opinion.

You're very opinionated about these, which is great to see - nothing worse than apathy!

Genuine question though - how would YOU improve the Juniors if you were in a position to propose change?

I'd go 14 team 16 team 16 team 18 team the only issue is travelling now we are west. girvan to forth being an example it's always going to be hard travel wise I just don't think regionalised lower leagues work that would be 26 league games top teams and 34 for bottom league get rid of this horrible evening times cup at end of season and if we must keep it then have it as season opener for next season make the league cup either
1 disappear
2 knockout
3 make it like the Ramsden cup for the 2 lower leagues giving them plenty fixtures
Next subject fixture list I'd love a full fixture list but because of weather scottish cup postponements and replays I'm not for that but maybe a month to month with the fixtures being announced on 1st of July for the whole of August giving you minimum 28 days notice upto maybe 61 days notice to sort out sponsorship and licences for clubs with bars

I'm a great believer on change, but I think the stumbling block for a 16 team league will come up against opposition from the more established and successful sides who can only see more backlog of fixtures. In my view the league's would work and so would the cups if they were severely seeded. If you want to keep the trophies then seed the competitions so the Premier clubs enter the competitions as late as possible. Only my opinion.

The leagues only work well for some imo. We need a bigger league to increase income from games. This season as an example Arthurlie drew Kilwinning in the 2nd round of the Scottish and 1st round of the west. They beat us both times. The loss of further games in these competitions will of had a detrimental impact on the club. I agree that there needs to be changes to the cups but there needs to be an ongoing discussion to reach a suitable compromise. Standing still is not an option, we should always be looking at making improvements.

One final point, I hope that anyone with dissenting voices is making sure that there club is aware of there views. Clubs represent the fans whatever their view and should make a determination of what way to vote after hearing all the arguments from their fans.

I hope that vote passes and the clubs who have worked on this proposal should be commended as it probably one of the most comprehensive I have seen put forward at an agm in a very long time (if ever)

Archived