Fixtures

Kennie

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

That's is my point completely and very similar words to what I wrote about reconstruction but I still think the Largs game should be Saturday maybe make the league cup similar to the irn bru Ramsdens cup the seniors have make it for non superleague clubs so we can start the league straight away

Why does the Largs game need to be played on Saturday. There are still almost three weeks after the cup final to play games and all Talbot have are one maybe two Ayrshire cup games.

I agree the Largs situation not having played for ages is a farce but that is nothing to do with Talbot. The Talbot players deserve a break especially as Talbot as a club are more willing than most to play fixtures such as on the September holiday weekend

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Why does the Largs game need to be played on Saturday. There are still almost three weeks after the cup final to play games and all Talbot have are one maybe two Ayrshire cup games.

I agree the Largs situation not having played for ages is a farce but that is nothing to do with Talbot. The Talbot players deserve a break especially as Talbot as a club are more willing than most to play fixtures such as on the September holiday weekend

Just think it would be only fair to Largs - they must I presume  have had to retain players for all this time? And now will likely be near 2 months before they play.

Play as many games as possible before final play Largs Saturday that still gives u 8 days before your cup final glenafton playing saturday

Just now, classof2010 said:

Play as many games as possible before final play Largs Saturday that still gives u 8 days before your cup final glenafton playing saturday

We haven't been given a fixture against Largs for Saturday so how the feck can we play them?

Talbot were scheduled for a possible WOS Final on Saturday with no provisional fixture. Its unacceptable to give one out at three days notice. 

Any other club and any other time of year everybody would agree with this, god knows there is enough bitching about fixtures on here

8 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

That's is my point completely and very similar words to what I wrote about reconstruction but I still think the Largs game should be Saturday maybe make the league cup similar to the irn bru Ramsdens cup the seniors have make it for non superleague clubs so we can start the league straight away

That's better, now you're thinking constructively.

You can't hold up progress that will benefit the majority of the 64 clubs for the sake of a handful who (a) have grounds that are all-too-frequently unplayable or (b) progress significantly further than the others in multiple cup competitions. Solutions HAVE to be found for these complications, but for most clubs in the West the proposed league reconstruction is what they need!

That's better, now you're thinking constructively.
You can't hold up progress that will benefit the majority of the 64 clubs for the sake of a handful who (a) have grounds that are all-too-frequently unplayable or (b) progress significantly further than the others in multiple cup competitions. Solutions HAVE to be found for these complications, but for most clubs in the West the proposed league reconstruction is what they need!

I'm still not for a 16 team league and beiths pitch is one of the best now in the region I'd maybe go for a 14 team at a push but I'd need reassurance that there would be changes in cups before not after reconstruction we have not had the worst of winters and we are still looking like not finishing season until 3rd week in june

36 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

I'm still not for a 16 team league and beiths pitch is one of the best now in the region I'd maybe go for a 14 team at a push but I'd need reassurance that there would be changes in cups before not after reconstruction we have not had the worst of winters and we are still looking like not finishing season until 3rd week in june

4x16 team divisions is the only option on the table as far as we know, for implementation at the start of season 2018-19. If voted in, there will be 12 months to consult and propose other necessary changes eg to cup competitions

Please tell me why this must happen for the sake of most of the 64 teams I couldn't vote for a 16 team league then decide about the Cups it must happen hand in hand both at same time not we then have 12 months to make necessary changes this year the fixtures aren't going to be completed til between 18 n 25th of June

10 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Talbot were scheduled for a possible WOS Final on Saturday with no provisional fixture. Its unacceptable to give one out at three days notice. 

Any other club and any other time of year everybody would agree with this, god knows there is enough bitching about fixtures on here

Indeed. That's my point. For example up North the fixture card will often have provisional fixtures already identified. e.g. if club A wins a cup tie, then their fixture will be this. If club A loses a cup tie, then their fixture will be that. They even do it for Junior Cup Saturdays, so that if there's a PP the North club gets on with playing a league match instead. It's therefore sometimes only confirmed as late as after a negative Friday inspection at the Junior Cup venue that they'll instead be playing the Plan B league fixture, but it's not "out of the blue" since everybody already had the heads-up knowledge of the provisional fixture. It's called sensible planning.

1 hour ago, classof2010 said:

Please tell me why this must happen for the sake of most of the 64 teams I couldn't vote for a 16 team league then decide about the Cups it must happen hand in hand both at same time not we then have 12 months to make necessary changes this year the fixtures aren't going to be completed til between 18 n 25th of June

This discussion has been done to death on other threads, e.g. here:

I suggest you read the whole thread then take up the discussion on there.

2 hours ago, classof2010 said:

...this year the fixtures aren't going to be completed til between 18 n 25th of June

Nope, all fixtures must be complete by the date of the SJFA AGM, which is always the 3rd Saturday in June, i.e. the 17th this year. That is effectively the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

So the usual half the seasons games played 12 weeks at end of season

Yes and it's almost totally unnecessary, it's all about advance planning and scheduling of fixtures, which DOESN'T happen currently, except in a very superficial way.

A full fixture list won't work because of weather and cup replays but you want to put in another 8 league games with no guarantees that there will be any changes to the Cups it's like turkeys voting for Christmas for the top teams obviously the teams down the bottom leagues will vote for it as they don't get as far in the Cups so to do what glenafton are trying to do this season and do league and cup double they will have to play a minimum of 46 games that's a lot of games for junior teams

29 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

A full fixture list won't work because of weather and cup replays but you want to put in another 8 league games with no guarantees that there will be any changes to the Cups it's like turkeys voting for Christmas for the top teams obviously the teams down the bottom leagues will vote for it as they don't get as far in the Cups so to do what glenafton are trying to do this season and do league and cup double they will have to play a minimum of 46 games that's a lot of games for junior teams

FFS get off your hobby horse. You really are a clueless mister misery and if you had your way there'd never be any progress.

Wir aall doomed Captain Mainwaring!!

Thankfully it's the club reps at the AGM that have the vote and not you!

FFS get off your hobby horse. You really are a clueless mister misery and if you had your way there'd never be any progress.
Wir aall doomed Captain Mainwaring!!
Thankfully it's the club reps at the AGM that have the vote and not you!

But what if he is the club rep? From what I hear there are a few big clubs who will most likely vote against increasing the leagues, simply because there is no guarantee that the number of cup ties will reduce.

20 hours ago, archieb said:

Central League Cup QF Bens v Gow and SFs now showing on SJFA fixtures page, also ETC SF Perthshire v Lang

So SF on Saturday 3rd could be Benburb v Yoker. New Tinto Park is already booked for Central Scottish Amateur league fixture, 2pm KO.

16 hours ago, archieb said:

Play-off first leg is also announced as 31 May with the 2nd leg on 2nd June .... presumably you-know-who isn't expecting Girvan to be in the play-off, or Petershill to still have a chance of it after Saturday! If Yoker beat Girvan and Kilsyth also win he's up a gum tree!!

And Kilsyth's park is already booked Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for 2 x cup semis and a final in the Central Scottish Amateur League.

No doubt the Junior fixtures would take priority, but an example of how leaving it until the last minute to set fixtures also messes other folks around.

Archived