Fixtures

Kennie

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed that in the seven weeks of League fixtures published so far, Neilston are at home SIX times and away just the once! (4 homes, one away then 2 more homes).

How utterly ludicrous is that? Not to mention unnecessary and a fine display of incompetence on the part of the setter.

Are any other clubs faced with a similar situation?

We have 8 league fixtures up already ... 4 home and 4 away. Better than anything we've had in the past I'd suggest ... so no issues here. However the Neilston situation doesn't seem right - although the individual club page shows them with 5 at home and 2 away. Maybe there's specific circumstances ?

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

We have 8 league fixtures up already ... 4 home and 4 away. Better than anything we've had in the past I'd suggest ... so no issues here. However the Neilston situation doesn't seem right - although the individual club page shows them with 5 at home and 2 away. Maybe there's specific circumstances ?

It seems that there have already been some changes to the fixtures in the Central Div1 since I posted!!

Neilston now start with a free Saturday (as do St Roch's and Perthshire!!) followed by 3 home fixtures, one away, two homes, and one away.

A slight improvement but still not ideal. More importantly the fixtures as set originally should have avoided such a crazy sequence - exactly the sort of thing we wanted to get away from with advance fixture setting!!

It seems that there have already been some changes to the fixtures in the Central Div1 since I posted!!
Neilston now start with a free Saturday (as do St Roch's and Perthshire!!) followed by 3 home fixtures, one away, two homes, and one away.
A slight improvement but still not ideal. More importantly the fixtures as set originally should have avoided such a crazy sequence - exactly the sort of thing we wanted to get away from with advance fixture setting!!

Neilston were free on the original fixtures issued this Saturday. Perthshire were due to play St. Roch's, but the Shire then asked for the day off. Neilston v St. Roch's was then arranged but Neilston complained that they had already told their players that they had no game and a lot of them had already made other plans.

Forgive me if this has been suggested.

New to the juniors..

i used to be a match secretary and know it can be an impossible task..

But i used a website that did all my fixtures for me..

Www.leaguerepublic.com

Accommodates groundsharing...does cups etc.

Might be of use to the match secretary..

And its free !!

50 minutes ago, whamboy said:

Forgive me if this has been suggested.

New to the juniors..

i used to be a match secretary and know it can be an impossible task..

But i used a website that did all my fixtures for me..

Www.leaguerepublic.com

Accommodates groundsharing...does cups etc.

Might be of use to the match secretary..

And its free !!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obviously you have NO idea what a dinosaur the WR Gen Sec is.

I doubt he even knows how to switch on a computer!!

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Neilston were free on the original fixtures issued this Saturday. Perthshire were due to play St. Roch's, but the Shire then asked for the day off. Neilston v St. Roch's was then arranged but Neilston complained that they had already told their players that they had no game and a lot of them had already made other plans.

A day off ? They can have a Tuesday then. Saturday's are for playing football matches like agreed to do when registering for the season. Days off will have to end next season.

A day off ? They can have a Tuesday then. Saturday's are for playing football matches like agreed to do when registering for the season. Days off will have to end next season.

Saw on Twitter that it's for compassionate reasons, can only assume that someone connected to the Shire has passed away.

13 hours ago, tommyboy said:

I don't think switching it on is the problem,archie :(.....

Image result for homer simpson incompetent

I did see the thread before the start of the season.I have no knowledge of the match secretary...But..he does have my sympathies regardless

5 hours ago, whamboy said:

I did see the thread before the start of the season.I have no knowledge of the match secretary...But..he does have my sympathies regardless

For avoidance of confusion, please note:

There is no regional "match secretary". That is a club position.

The person who schedules the fixtures is the general secretary.

Archived