Call of Duty: WWII

AberdeenHibee

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picking this up on the way to Uni tomorrow,  haven't bought a Call of Duty game since BO2. Hard to believe it's been 9 years since the last WW2 CoD.

I'm more looking forward to the campaign than anything else tbh, although having Nazi Zombies back should be good.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Played the beta and realised it's still the same stale shite that's been being pushed for years. Really hasn't been much improvement since COD4/MW2 days

Why bother improving on a formula when people will rush to buy the same thing they bought last year in droves

This is what we've been crying out for but now it's here, I'm not even interested. Might get it next month but don't really have much time to game these days. I'll play a few fifa games but that's about it and I can do that whilst watching other stuff in the background. You can't do that with CoD.

4 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

Why bother improving on a formula when people will rush to buy the same thing they bought last year in droves

Figured this a long time ago, jumped to Counterstrike and haven't looked back. Huge skill arc and always fun. It gets updated a lot so no need to worry about buying the 'next' one every year. Global Offensive came out about 2012 and is still really strong through being updated regularly

This is what we've been crying out for but now it's here, I'm not even interested. Might get it next month but don't really have much time to game these days. I'll play a few fifa games but that's about it and I can do that whilst watching other stuff in the background. You can't do that with CoD.

I’m like this aswell, buy one every so often, usually have that attitude beforehand but when I get into it and a wee run on it really start enjoying it again. Still love doing it and going online good for having a laugh and chat with your mates too.

Not bought a game since madden 17 but getting this, probably madden 18 then I’ll get red dead redemption when it comes out too.

It’s downloading just now. As for people saying it’s stale, what do you want? It’s a first person shooter that works really well, it’s obviously just going to be different maps and updated graphics.

17 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

This is exactly right.

They could spend a massive amount of money and time developing a new engine, new mechanics, new ways of playing and so on, or they could re-skin the existing graphics engine, make a ham-fisted attempt at a story and folk will still buy it in their millions.

The biggest cash cow in the gaming business isn't gamers who like variety in their games - it's the folk who buy FIFA, GTA and COD games every year without fail.

This is exactly right.
They could spend a massive amount of money and time developing a new engine, new mechanics, new ways of playing and so on, or they could re-skin the existing graphics engine, make a ham-fisted attempt at a story and folk will still buy it in their millions.
The biggest cash cow in the gaming business isn't gamers who like variety in their games - it's the folk who buy FIFA, GTA and COD games every year without fail.

GTA puts a ridiculous amount of effort into improving each version of GTA.

Certainly don’t just rehash them and do a wee update like Fifa and CoD. And tbf to Fifa and Cod they’ve found a formula people like, they’ve not found themselves in the position they are through luck.

Archived