Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

According to some estimates, 10% of people have a PIN number of 1234. 

Morons.  If, like me you can't remember a 4-digit combination then do what I do and go for 2580 right down the middle.  Either that or I would use the four sets of four numbers on the front of my card itself, i.e. 4478, 9765, 9935 or 7863.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think that dipping someone's pockets in the aftermath of a terrorist attack is unforgivable behaviour in almost any circumstances imaginable.  I would doubt that this person was so desperate that they needed to steal someone's debit card to survive.  

One report said that the first place the card was used was in a McDonalds. If food is the first thing that he went for then maybe the point is that he really is that desperate.

Did he ever get the money from the fund which was set up on his behalf when its was thought he was a "good guy" think it was £50k which was raised.

Im not proud of myself for consulting the daily mail for information but apparently he hasn’t received the donations:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5231695/Homeless-man-pleads-guilty-stealing-purse-victim.html

25 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

One report said that the first place the card was used was in a McDonalds. If food is the first thing that he went for then maybe the point is that he really is that desperate.

Maybe just had the munchies.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

Im not proud of myself for consulting the daily mail for information but apparently he hasn’t received the donations:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5231695/Homeless-man-pleads-guilty-stealing-purse-victim.html

Poor sod could have been be on a Baltic cruise instead of banged up

The sad thing is, people who have any sort of addiction (don't know if he did, but possibly), don't seem to care of the wellbeing of the person or persons that they Rob.

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

The sad thing is, people who have any sort of addiction (don't know if he did, but possibly), don't seem to care of the wellbeing of the person or persons that they Rob.

Especially heroin, it just shuts off empathy.

Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread from Tesco to feed your starving family?
No?
What if your family doesn't like dry bread?
What if they'd rather have a Big Mac and some Chicken Nuggets?
And what if it's not Tesco?
What if it's a dying girl in the street that you were pretending to help?

Is that wrong?

Anyone who doesn’t intimately know this guys circumstances shouldn’t judge.

I have no idea what I’d do if I was unfortunate enough to be in his position.  I am just very grateful that I am not.

If you can’t judge a guy stealing from victims of a terrorist attack then who can you judge ffs?

You have to have the most warped sense of justice on here. You’d be the type to want to flog and hang someone who posted a dodgy tweet if it didn’t fit in with your touchy feely world view but you think being homeless means you can abdicate any moral responsibility??

You probably blame the tories and Westminster for this poor soul being jailed...

On 1/3/2018 at 22:37, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who doesn’t intimately know this guys circumstances shouldn’t judge.

I have no idea what I’d do if I was unfortunate enough to be in his position.  I am just very grateful that I am not.

I'm not sure what kind of moral stand you're trying to take here - but it's the wrong one.

Just catching up on the latest outrage.
Are people seriously suggesting that this guy is not as bad as someone else who would do this, purely because he's homeless?

Being homeless at least explains his actions a bit. If it were just a normal attendee who fancied a new I phone and a free McDonald’s it would be worse.

What charges will the tramp be facing for stealing from the deceased? Obviously from a moral perspective he is going to hell but is there a specific charge for looting a crime scene in the aftermath of a terrorist attack?

Archived