Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

Just now, SweeperDee said:

I feel you; I'm not saying Arianna should feel culpable, but she will be feeling guilty that lassies as young as 8 have been killed whilst being at her concert. If she plays again, it won't be for a long time I reckon.

Yeah fair. Think I slightly misinterpreted your views 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Brookstein blocked me years ago, but it's nice to see he's taken time out from his busy schedule singing at Pizza Express to give us his childlike opinion. 

He blocked me too but thats no barometer of taste and decency I guess.

Although he is an absolute divot, like the 'look at me' reptile that is Katie Hopkins.

I feel you; I'm not saying Arianna should feel culpable, but she will be feeling guilty that lassies as young as 8 have been killed whilst being at her concert. If she plays again, it won't be for a long time I reckon.

"I cannot wait to get back to Paris. I cannot wait to play. I want to be the first band that plays the Bataclan when it opens back up because I was there when it went silent for a minute. Our friends went there to see rock 'n' roll and died. I want to go back there and live."

[Eagles of Death Metal singer Jesse] Hughes in an interview with Shane Smith, Vice.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

"I cannot wait to get back to Paris. I cannot wait to play. I want to be the first band that plays the Bataclan when it opens back up because I was there when it went silent for a minute. Our friends went there to see rock 'n' roll and died. I want to go back there and live."

[Eagles of Death Metal singer Jesse] Hughes in an interview with Shane Smith, Vice.

Jesse did also say the security staff were in on it, that everyone should be armed and is a big Trump fan.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

When I read the initial post in this thread, I genuinely thought that it was the set-up to an unfunny joke about Ariana Grande's hit single 'Bang Bang'. Alas, it wasn't.

Awful stuff. Can only repeat what others have said, but I'd also add that I feel a bit sorry for Ariana who has automatically (and unjustifiably) assumed a sense of responsibility/guilt for the attacks. This will unfortunately live with her for the rest of her life.

I thought the exact same thing. It wouldn't surprise me if some arsehole has made that joke on twitter after the event tbh

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If there is ever to be a marked turning point in this current state of world affairs, will this be it?

Or will be simply be told to "stand strong" and that we will "redouble our efforts" then continue to do the same things we have always done and these attacks will continue on regardless?

Rhetorical post.

Eta: You know it's pretty bad when the breaking news of Roger Moore's death gets a small footnote on the main news websites.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If there is ever to be a marked turning point in this current state of world affairs, will this be it?

Or will be simply be told to "stand strong" and that we will "redouble our efforts" then continue to do the same things we have always done and these attacks will continue on regardless?

Doubtful. Boko Harem done similarly horrendous things to f*ck knows how many school girls and all it really triggered was harsh words and some newspaper headlines for a few weeks. In the case of this it will probably mean increased safety at large venues and some hastily drawn up draconian laws that massively impinge on your freedoms justified in the name of "Anti terrorism".

What happened last night was horrendous but it won't change much as far as the western world is concerned.

31 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Both.

And in reply to Tartan Dave, I'm being serious. Fair enough in regards to your point about footballers, but this is a case where wee lassies have been slaughtered indiscriminately. Pretty clear now (although it probably has been for a while), that no demographic is sacrosanct when it comes to these attacks.

I was actually thinking earlier that that particular gig had been fairly cynically picked out as the one where there would be a younger crowd more likely to panic leading to juicy shots of stampeding crowds and so on, which after all is what these dicks want.

The previous act to play the arena was Iron Maiden, where the sound of a bomb going off would more than likely be assumed to be part of the pyro, and the next is Take That, where any potential bomber would be unlikely to get within 200 yards of the arena before being thrown to the ground and straddled by an overweight middle-aged woman wearing a glittery cowboy hat.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well according to Sadiq Khan, you just gotta blindly accept that its part of living in a "big city"

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Two missing teenagers are from Barra of all places.

Random fact: Barra is the Arabic word for "Out!"

Learnt that from a song used on Black Hawk Down. 

45 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Roger Moore has just died. I suspect that the Tories must have killed him for unspecified political reasons.

Do you want me to spell it out. He was a secret agent about to spill his guts about all the stuff he knew.

Archived