Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

Just now, welshbairn said:

As an equally ignorant commentator. a serious terrorist outfit wouldn't let an idiot volunteer blow himself up when it would be easy to drop a rucksack and walk away to do it again. They don't have an unlimited pool of volunteers.

Just from the BBC News 24 channel, security guard ran into the building shouting at people to get back in. He must have seen the bomber before the blast.

I know what you mean about leaving a bomb and running away. But some brainwashed radical can and will die for the cause.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kilbowie2002 said:

The media always that keen to get a scoop they'd put people at risk.

Aye, but the actual tactic itself, not sure what would've triggered that.

Trying and failing to keep away from this and get some sleep, usually these kind of incidents don't phase me too much because its becoming a more common occurrence, but the thought of it happening to a bunch of kids heading home from a concert is really sickening me. 

You can bet that there will be plenty of doors getting battered down in the next few hours when the police raid any known or suspected terrorists they think could have been involved with kids being targeted. This attack is only going make our counter terrorism response show how much they will want to have someone or others in custody as soon as possible.

51 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Screenshot_20170522-204259.png

Oh Tommy is a twat of the highest order and his borderline excitement at the prospect just show's what a wretched piece of shit he really is. I hate to admit it but he does have a point though, if it does in fact turn out to be a IS coordinated terror attack aimed at children then the people will understandably be outraged, the UK is very right leaning at the moment and they will want blood, plus Trump has already shown he has no concerns over bombing other countries when it comes to attacks against kid's so i cant see him taking this lying down either. If this isn't handled well it could be the start of something. I have no idea what the correct way to handle this would be and honestly im rather glad im not in a position to cause right now i'm totally leaning into the "bomb them to kingdom come" attitude 

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Oh Tommy is a twat of the highest order and his borderline excitement at the prospect just show's what a wretched piece of shit he really is. I hate to admit it but he does have a point though, if it does in fact turn out to be a IS coordinated terror attack aimed at children then the people will understandably be outraged, the UK is very right leaning at the moment and they will want blood, plus Trump has already shown he has no concerns over bombing other countries when it comes to attacks against kid's so i cant see him taking this lying down either. If this isn't handled well it could be the start of something. I have no idea what the correct way to handle this would be and honestly im rather glad im not in a position to cause right now i'm totally leaning into the "bomb them to kingdom come" attitude 

Bomb who?

20 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Who's "them"?

This video of inside captures the sound of the bomb going off then the sheer panic. The escalating screams of terrified little kids is chilling. What a fucked up world we live in at times. 
https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNews/status/866844108433653760/video/1

That is one of the most disturbing things I have ever heard.

Archived