Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ICTChris said:

True but given the cops have made another arrest suggests it might not be a lone attacker.

Yeah you're right. Just meant that lone attackers/small groups (who may even be UK born) are difficult to stop if they have no previous links to extremism. These days the attackers just seem to decide to jump in a van or car and run folk down, not much you can do to preemptively stop them if it's not planned.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

"I disagree with British/Western foreign policy."

"I will go and murder children indiscriminately."

There's a large leap from one of those to the other. There's more going on in these attacks than than a reaction. Walking into a pop concert and blowing up children requires a special type of depravity. To cast it as the linear response to something you don't like is simplistic and insulting to people from the Middle East and Muslims.

We also don't know anything about the attacker or their motivations at this point.

I think saying "I disagree with British/Western policy" is a bit of a simplistic way of putting it. Another way of putting it could be "I'm tired of seeing innocent women and children getting blown up on our side of the world". 

If you watch any ISIS propaganda videos they're full of montages of screaming and bloodied or dead children. Irrespective of whether it's genuine footage of the results of western bombing, it's what they use as their justification.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Actually, IS are not framing this as an inspired event, it seems. This is a bigger deal than just a nutter.

Someone disagrees.

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

dd8e550d0e3166b27105fe3ea21abd1a.jpg
It's okay, boxer Billy Joe Saunders knows who's to blame...

I'd prefer it if he could spell.

3 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

BBC saying youngest of the dead was primary school age. Horrific. 

It's supposed to be. It was intended to cause outrage and precipitate wider conflict. I doubt you'll find terrorists plotting a mildly atrocious attack.

28 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

IS claiming responsibility according to BBC

The only atrocities those b*****ds haven't tried to claim are McSpreader' posts on here.

They're like the needy Facebook attention seekers of the terrorist world.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's supposed to be. It was intended to cause outrage and precipitate wider conflict. I doubt you'll find terrorists plotting a mildly atrocious attack.

I'm well aware of that. 

Archived