Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

I'll be absolutely stunned if there's a bigger loser in the history of P&B than Donnie/Lichtie4life. How pointless does your existence have to become that you get banned from a loosely moderated forum then create hundreds of aliases to endlessly troll threads about politics and terrorism?

And that's before we even get to drinking from puddles.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC reporter has said that people are posting photos of their missing loved ones on social media - but some of them are believed to be fake. What sort of moron does something like that?

BBC reporter has said that people are posting photos of their missing loved ones on social media - but some of them are believed to be fake. What sort of moron does something like that?

One I seen that was retweeted by a lot of people including a few "celebs" was of a young boy with Down syndrome that was found to be fake. I mean there really are some sad pathetic c***s in this world.

You could compare it to something like the school/college shootings in America. A twisted individual getting into a froth about some perceived injustice who takes things too far. In America it's easy to find guns, here the individual will google how to make a bomb, use a vehicle or a knife. It's thankfully rare but the impact is horrific.

Carrying out acts of terror did not start, and will not end, with a loose allegiance to radical Islam. It's generally the actions of one or two utter dickheads who regress so far into themselves that innocent lives mean nothing.

Correct. Nor is there any sort of reasonable way to fix the situation. But pity help anyone who doesnt immediately respond to these grotesque incidents with a series of Trump-esque cliches and claims that will never be followed through.

If there was an easy way to fix terrorism someone would have done it.

You could compare it to something like the school/college shootings in America. A twisted individual getting into a froth about some perceived injustice who takes things too far. In America it's easy to find guns, here the individual will google how to make a bomb, use a vehicle or a knife. It's thankfully rare but the impact is horrific.
Carrying out acts of terror did not start, and will not end, with a loose allegiance to radical Islam. It's generally the actions of one or two utter dickheads who regress so far into themselves that innocent lives mean nothing.

Right. But that doesn't suit a tabloid agenda, or a public who are only capable of dealing with a good vs evil narrative.

So we end up with "bombing Iraq = we brought this on ourselves" reductionism.

Western foreign policy re the Middle East has long been a mess. Terrorism predates that by centuries. It's masochistic to pretend otherwise, just as it's entirely self-serving and prejudicial to blame this on an entire religion.

Some lady on sky news saying some woman sitting beside her all concert fidgeting with a backpack. She complained...(nothing was done). not sure if there is anything in this; but it would probably be a young woman; as an older man on his own would stick out like a sore thumb

Some lady on sky news saying some woman sitting beside her all concert fidgeting with a backpack. She complained.... not sure if there is anything in this

Wouldn't like to say with great confidence that this is horseshit, but events like this tend to bring out the fantasists and attention seekers.

Wouldn't like to say with great confidence that this is horseshit, but events like this tend to bring out the fantasists and attention seekers.

Completely agree; but if it was a lone wolf, then it's probably more likely to be a young lady as opposed to a man. A single man would be a lot more suspicious

Did the bomb go off inside the arena ground?

I went to the ufc last year there and the metal detector went off outside when I went through it and the steward said " I don't want to know anything or see anything. Enjoy your night " without checking me.

It was a bit amusing at the time but looking back extremely dangerous.

Of course what is an £8 an hour steward going to do when they scan someone looking for metal on them and find a bomb attached to them, but still the security was shocking when I was there.

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Completely agree; but if it was a lone wolf, then it's probably more likely to be a young lady as opposed to a man. A single man would be a lot more suspicious

No it isn't. It was a man, and the blast occured in the foyer, not in the arena itself.

If there weren't bag checks as some are suggesting then that's appalling. You can't even get one into The Hydro.  

Bags banned from concert halls in time for the election, anyone?

Bags banned from concert halls in time for the election, anyone?

Same with a number of concerts, sports events I've been to in America in the last year or so. Tickets to the football in Orlando specify that entry will not be allowed if you've got a bag or backpack.

Security checks at concerts have always been poor but some poor sods probably have this on their conscience this morning thinking they might have been able to stop it. Which in itself is horrible for them.

OK... I'm not disagreeing; only pointing out what some wifie was saying on the news... apparently lady left and headed to foyer 2 mind before blast....

I'm pretty sure your average suicide bomber who carries out these disgusting acts at these types of events doesn't think f**k it I will just go watch this gig before I blow myself up. Would hugely increase risk of getting caught. I would imagine this person has wandered into this foyer towards the end of the gig which seemed to be easily accessible for people meeting fiends family coming out of gig. Got to a point where there was plenty of people around then detonated the device.

Archived