Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

Just now, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

How can the Americans have better intelligence in a UK city than we do? They are confirming it was a suicide bomber.

I'm guessing they have pieced together intel that suggests that it was a suicide bomber, mainly the small body parts the stupid female posted on facebook. Seems like ground zero if there was plenty of flesh from the point of explosion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

How can the Americans have better intelligence in a UK city than we do? They are confirming it was a suicide bomber.

They probably don't, what they have is a massively competitive news industry.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

They want the backlash against minorities. It'd easier to radicalise people who feel unwelcome in their society.

I was just hazarding a guess on whom might be the prime suspect at this time. Wouldn't surprise me if it was, reeks of the same shite they'd fucking stoop too? and for what exactly?

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Assuming this is even remotely true. Her first thought upon getting to her hotel was to take photos of blood and shite on her clothes/handbag and put it on Facebook? Fucking hell.

Exactly my thoughts. Attention seeking on the back of people being blown to bits is a new low. 

Police have now confirmed that the controlled explosion turned out to be on some discarded clothing and not thought to be suspicious.

So if it a terrorist attack, it could still have been an individual perpetrator rather than a coordinated attack.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Police have now confirmed that the controlled explosion turned out to be on some discarded clothing and not thought to be suspicious.

So if it a terrorist attack, it could still have been an individual perpetrator rather than a coordinated attack.

That does change the perspective somewhat? Two devices then it's probably terrorism but one device could be a plethora of reasons for the perpetrator and not my initial thoughts.

5 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

I'm guessing they have pieced together intel that suggests that it was a suicide bomber, mainly the small body parts the stupid female posted on facebook. Seems like ground zero if there was plenty of flesh from the point of explosion.

I'm guessing you've been watching too much CSI drama. How would you tell if a bit of flesh flew from a suicide bomber or an unfortunate person nearby an explosion, minutes after from a picture on facebook?

What a fucking world we live in.

A rather goth type friend of mine always describes our planet as a 'Sphere of despondency' and I shot her down initially but I'm starting to think that bitch might just have a point. 

I know there's daily atrocities all over the world and we in the West are just as culpable but it kinda hits you harder when it's this close to home eh? Must be a psychological reason to that.

Fucking bunch of kids dead man. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'm guessing you've been watching too much CSI drama. How would you tell if a bit of flesh flew from a suicide bomber or an unfortunate person nearby an explosion, minutes after from a picture on facebook?

? Lots of small pieces of flesh and even loads of fragments of body parts, I'm guessing here leads me to suspect a suicide bomber and appears to be the line of inquiry the police are following at the moment. Only missing that someone heard Arabic before the blast.

Just now, hellbhoy said:

? Lots of small pieces of flesh and even loads of fragments of body parts, I'm guessing here leads me to suspect a suicide bomber and appears to be the line of inquiry the police are following at the moment. Only missing that someone heard Arabic before the blast.

Are you an expert in this field or are you jumping to an ill informed conclusion before the facts are known?

Just now, welshbairn said:

Are you an expert in this field or are you jumping to an ill informed conclusion before the facts are known?

You know I'm not an expert. Only basing my opinion by the facts that have come to light so far, the police are treating as a suicide terrorist bomber. So I'll go along with that until different is known at a later time. Also at this time I do believe it was a suicide bomber from what little is known.

Not sure about 5Live reporting on a certain aspect of the police operation - they've reported it a few times now which surely undermines what the police are trying to do.

(I know I could post what it is but it would be hypocritical of me to do so)

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

You know I'm not an expert. Only basing my opinion by the facts that have come to light so far, the police are treating as a suicide terrorist bomber. So I'll go along with that until different is known at a later time. Also at this time I do believe it was a suicide bomber from what little is known.

As an equally ignorant commentator. a serious terrorist outfit wouldn't let an idiot volunteer blow himself up when it would be easy to drop a rucksack and walk away to do it again. They don't have an unlimited pool of volunteers.

4 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Not sure about 5Live reporting on a certain aspect of the police operation - they've reported it a few times now which surely undermines what the police are trying to do.

(I know I could post what it is but it would be hypocritical of me to do so)

I know what you're talkimg about. Very strange. 

Archived