Opportunities

Wellman86

What is the best way to approach playing junior football? playing amateur at the moment however would like to make the step up and was just wondering how to go about it. Any help appreciated. 50 goals to date this season.

9 minutes ago, Wellman86 said:

What is the best way to approach playing junior football? playing amateur at the moment however would like to make the step up and was just wondering how to go about it. Any help appreciated. 50 goals to date this season.

Email or phone the club and ask for a trial - or go along to one of their games (if their season's not over) and ask.

Pollok have games this Saturday and Wednesday next week ...

Be honest with yourself about your ability and contact the teams around you that would suit you best. I'm guessing that with that level of goals return you've been playing regularly. There's no point joining a team where it's unlikely you'll play. You'll become disillusioned and head back to amateur soon enough (seen it plenty). Good luck.

Be honest with yourself about your ability and contact the teams around you that would suit you best. I'm guessing that with that level of goals return you've been playing regularly. There's no point joining a team where it's unlikely you'll play. You'll become disillusioned and head back to amateur soon enough (seen it plenty). Good luck.

Bit harsh on the boy no 1 knows his circumstances or why he's playing in the church leagues. Am sure he'll be playing junior next season just remember I replied to u 1st wellman n my team clydebank could do with a 50 goals a season man. Lol all the best

Mon the papers

Not harsh at all. You're assuming that the assessment would be that he's not as good as he thinks he is. The lad might think to himself 'you know what? I'm actually really good and I know I can play at a really good level (obviously ruling Clydebank out) and get a game.' And good luck to him if he does.

Don't have a meltdown about the Clydebank comment - just banter.

Hi Wellman, 

If your serious I would certainly suggest get talking now. For others info he plays in the top division where there are a few ex juniors playing for Greenbank one  is David Merriman CB so I would think he would be able to tell him if he's good enough. Pm if you want a contact or two? I'd start nearer the bottom than Clydebank/Pollok etc.

Not harsh at all. You're assuming that the assessment would be that he's not as good as he thinks he is. The lad might think to himself 'you know what? I'm actually really good and I know I can play at a really good level (obviously ruling Clydebank out) and get a game.' And good luck to him if he does.

Don't have a meltdown about the Clydebank comment - just banter.

Aye top bants lol

Mon the papers

Having watched several different junior teams within different leagues I think I could make a difference to a lot of they teams. Obviously the level I'm playing at just now isn't as high but having played against and spoke to a few ex juniors within the league it's something I'd like to give a go. Got a few teams messaged me so il do some training and take it from there. Hopefully all works out well, thanks everybody for there advice, much appreciated!

Archived