Far Cry 5

Cerberus

Please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3.

In addition, I wish Ubisoft would pull their fingers out their arses and make a new Prince of Persia game.  The sands of time and warrior within are two of my favourite games.

4 is the only one I've played. I enjoyed going around the world hunting animals and such, but every single mission just felt the same - massive horde modes.
The main character, whose name has slipped my mind, was moderately interesting, however he pisses off for the majority of the story.

4 hours ago, Fide said:

Please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3, please be more like Far Cry 3.

In addition, I wish Ubisoft would pull their fingers out their arses and make a new Prince of Persia game.  The sands of time and warrior within are two of my favourite games.

We will find out later today. 

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

4 is the only one I've played. I enjoyed going around the world hunting animals and such, but every single mission just felt the same - massive horde modes.
The main character, whose name has slipped my mind, was moderately interesting, however he pisses off for the majority of the story.

IMO, Far Cry 3 is far better.  Get it if you can.

Problem with the games is the same problem most ubisoft franchises have, they hit a successful formula then stick to it only making minor alterations, outside of the story and setting(which to be fair the story was somewhat similar) the gameplay hasn't changed one bit at all. far cry 3, Blood Dragon, 4 and primal have virtually identical mechanics and general gameplay. Unisoft have to shake things up if they even want me to consider it because right now based on that trailer its looking the exact same but set in montana and honestly i'm not one bit interested.

On 5/30/2017 at 18:57, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Oh jeezo...where to even start with that one.  

EDIT: Ooft, it keeps going.  Thought he'd added 3 or 4 lines as an update, but he's gone complete head's gone.  I'd laugh, but it's actually extremely depressing in points.  I'd put this guy on some kind of watch list, he doesn't seem like the most well-balanced chap.  Along with the over 1500 people who've signed it.

I agree totally Edgarus but the problem is no matter how formulaic Ubisoft games are they will sell bucket loads. Maybe calling it a problem is overstated but its frustrating to see mediocre games like Ghost Recon sell unit after unit when titles like Nier try more interesting and unique idea but don't shift compared to the next Assassins Creed.

53 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

I agree totally Edgarus but the problem is no matter how formulaic Ubisoft games are they will sell bucket loads. Maybe calling it a problem is overstated but its frustrating to see mediocre games like Ghost Recon sell unit after unit when titles like Nier try more interesting and unique idea but don't shift compared to the next Assassins Creed.

Yeah, absolutely.  It's hard to criticise Ubisoft too much though I guess - they're selling absolute truck-loads every single time.  They could well sell more if they innovate, but they could ruin the formula and go the other way.  Frustrating, but easy to see why they keep going on the same lines.  Even one of the more successful "new" titles like Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't really departing too much from the formula, they just did everything extremely well.

Having said that, they are soooo formulaic these days.  The Division, Far Cry, Ghost Recon etc, all the same core formula with different maps put over the top of them.  Weren't they caught reusing the same map from another game in Far Cry Primal too?