Your Favourite Super Bowl

Brummie Clyde

What is the best Super Bowl that you've seen?

Ignoring the Bears being in it (and losing to the Colts); mine is when the Giants beat the Patriots. Still don't know how Eli escaped the sack and the WR (something like Tyree) caught the ball against his helmet.

On 20/05/2017 at 21:09, Brummie Clyde said:

Ignoring the Bears being in it (and losing to the Colts); mine is when the Giants beat the Patriots. Still don't know how Eli escaped the sack and the WR (something like Tyree) caught the ball against his helmet.

This one.

:thumsup2

Much as I dislike the Pats, you have to say they make for good Super Bowls. Every one they have appeared in since Bellichick was involved has been settled by one score.

I really enjoyed their FG victory against the Rams back when I had only just started seriously watching the game and didn't have any particular dislike of the Foxboro 'Flaters.

Since I started disliking them I enjoyed the Giants victory to deny them when 19-0 was starting to seem inevitable.

Of course my favourite ever Super Bowl is XX, but I'm too young to remember it at the time, have only ever seen it on YouTube/TV in recent years. Dat D, though... [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

• 1 month later...

Super Bowl XXIII, 49ers beating the Bengals thanks to an incredible 4th quarter drive led by Montana passing to John Taylor for the game winning touchdown. I was just starting to get into American football as a kid and I loved players like Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott and so on. It was complete glory hunting to follow the 49ers at the time but as a six year old kid I didn't know any better :)

On 26/06/2017 at 15:04, RiG said:

Super Bowl XXIII, 49ers beating the Bengals thanks to an incredible 4th quarter drive led by Montana passing to John Taylor for the game winning touchdown. I was just starting to get into American football as a kid and I loved players like Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott and so on. It was complete glory hunting to follow the 49ers at the time but as a six year old kid I didn't know any better :)

You're paying for it now though, 49ers are worse than the Bears! (Although arguably better after the Draft).

Bears 85 (?) was my first superbowl.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived