East Region top goalscorers

Burnie_man

• Burnie_man changed the title to East Region top goalscorers
On 20/05/2017 at 20:02, Burnie_man said:

Andy McQuillan scored 37 goals this season for Blackburn United, who are the other top scorers in the Region this season?

Impressive figures for sure. However I've got to say in the game that mattered for the title against Dunbar the lad was completely marked out the game by Gibson - never got a kick. Might be harsh but he never did it when it counted. 

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

Impressive figures for sure. However I've got to say in the game that mattered for the title against Dunbar the lad was completely marked out the game by Gibson - never got a kick. Might be harsh but he never did it when it counted. 

think it is harsh, we had strikers missing in big games as well remember. blackburn and pumpherston away sticks  out in my mind. strikers are judged over the season and for sure McQuillan is one of the best season on season. If you are going to slag the boy think of our own first. I would have him at dunbar in a minute.

20 minutes ago, imho said:

think it is harsh, we had strikers missing in big games as well remember. blackburn and pumpherston away sticks  out in my mind. strikers are judged over the season and for sure McQuillan is one of the best season on season. If you are going to slag the boy think of our own first. I would have him at dunbar in a minute.

I'm not slagging the boy at all. I started with saying his figures are impressive.

But it can't be denied he never got a kick at Dunbar and that's the game that cost Blackburn. 

Ultimately I think Blackburn relied on him too much while Dunbar spread the load better over the season - when one striker dropped off another one stepped up. In my opinion big McQuillan is probably the best old fashioned no 9 in the league, but the young lads Handling & Ballantyne at Dunbar are now a cut above. 

17 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

I'm not slagging the boy at all. I started with saying his figures are impressive.

But it can't be denied he never got a kick at Dunbar and that's the game that cost Blackburn. 

Ultimately I think Blackburn relied on him too much while Dunbar spread the load better over the season - when one striker dropped off another one stepped up. In my opinion big McQuillan is probably the best old fashioned no 9 in the league, but the young lads Handling & Ballantyne at Dunbar are now a cut above. 

Are you for real, one game ,and the boy didnt score .I could mention games where neither of the so called young lads never got a kick, but its over the season not one game. Did we not rely on Sam young in the same way then. There were 2 strikers that scored more than ours , and that was what the question was about, goal scorers. ballantyne done well .  to say our boy are a cut above is a bit short sighted, of course we all see games differently and for me ,it was our defence who won us the league and on the day you mention  our strikers never got a sniff either and it was gibby who sealed it for us. 

The game at Dunbar never cost Blackburn. The game that cost Blackburn was away to Lochgelly.

1 minute ago, pie n beans said:

Lithgi have only scored 33 league goals this season and I take it he hasn't scored all of them so how many has he scored in the league.

Poor old Lithgierose can only count to 20 using his fingers and toes.............any bigger numbers are pure guesswork.

3 hours ago, pie n beans said:

Lithgi have only scored 33 league goals this season and I take it he hasn't scored all of them so how many has he scored in the league.

Think it's 15 in total in the league

The boy Lewis MacKenzie at Dundonald is the top East Super league scorer so far. 

They have had nothing short of a superb season in my view

9 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

How many were against boness ? 

Again a comment related to Linlithgow - the obsession continues. 

You really are becoming a sad individual - the funniest part is your doing it on behalf of someone else.

14 hours ago, imho said:

Are you for real, one game ,and the boy didnt score .I could mention games where neither of the so called young lads never got a kick, but its over the season not one game. Did we not rely on Sam young in the same way then. There were 2 strikers that scored more than ours , and that was what the question was about, goal scorers. ballantyne done well .  to say our boy are a cut above is a bit short sighted, of course we all see games differently and for me ,it was our defence who won us the league and on the day you mention  our strikers never got a sniff either and it was gibby who sealed it for us. 

Just an opinion IMHO, so jump down of the lofty horse. :thumsup2

However I don't think my comment is short sighted. You'd prefer to have McQuillan at Dunbar (which is as unlikely as either club winning the Scottish cup next season), I prefer the young 'uns we already have - both local and not even 21 yet so only going to get better in the right environment with the right guidance. You mention Sam Young too, who if you add to the mix then I think we might be the envy of a few teams with our options in the forwards areas.

Archived