The most borrowed pint glass in Edinburgh...

I've admittedly got a couple of Brewdog glasses. At £4.50 a pint I could only presume the glass was included in the price.

Got a cupboard full of pint glasses now to the point I need the dishwasher to prevent overflow. Largely due to 'glass tickets' from numerous beer festivals.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The 30th anniversary of the Paisley Beer Festival coincided with the same anniversary of Saints winning the cup and so this was the design.

IMG_1495412605.741308.thumb.jpg.1de1368c70c638923b00ef80e0427e57.jpg

Drinking at a beer fest and watching St Mirren both leave you with a Bitter taste in your mouth I suppose... 

On 5/20/2017 at 20:26, Flybhoy said:

I occasionaly steal nice pint tumblers from pubs.

The Peroni ones are cracking. And I dont even like Peroni

Peroni half pint glasses are brilliant.  Their pint glasses are wrongly proportioned.

Innis and Gunn is really not that nice.

This recent obsession everyone has with pretending to enjoy beer that tastes like feet really must stop. 

Real men drink Guinness or tennents. 

14 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

If it dosent have a handle its not a proper pint glass.

I have borrowed a couple of these.

ByiOyChIQAEqMei.jpg

I once tried to order a pint of that in Edinburgh by going up to the bar and jumping up and down on my right foot three times, all the while winking at the barmaid. 

She didn't understand, and I fear I might have come out of it looking rather foolish.

If it dosent have a handle its not a proper pint glass.
I have borrowed a couple of these.
ByiOyChIQAEqMei.jpg

Tourist shop glass type nonsense.

If it's going to have a handle then it needs to be the ones that come with 10" thick glass and the square pattern all around it. The type Begbie glasses 'some ****' with.

I had a very decent collection of pint glasses that I built up over 12 years or so of working in pubs, on top of the load that I nicked as a customer. No idea what I done with them when I left the UK. Anyone who hasn't stolen at least one glass from a pub in their lifetime is one for the watching if you ask me.

37 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I once tried to order a pint of that in Edinburgh by going up to the bar and jumping up and down on my right foot three times, all the while winking at the barmaid. 

She didn't understand, and I fear I might have come out of it looking rather foolish.

How did your underlings get on with her with these?

Image result for bishops finger

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tourist shop glass type nonsense.

If it's going to have a handle then it needs to be the ones that come with 10" thick glass and the square pattern all around it. The type Begbie glasses 'some ****' with.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Southampton airport uses them. Well worth flying down for a pint tbh.

The dimpled pint tumblers at Southampton Airport are listed in the top 5 tourist attractions in the area by Southampton Tourist Board.

Stealing glasses (in fact, leaving the pub with full pints in my pockets) was de rigeur but I got more of a buzz from stealing ashtrays. A nice green glass Stella Artois ashtray was a thing of beauty.

Archived